*We weren't at the races

*Shocking defending

*Apologise to the fans

*Hereford are 3rd in the league

*Should have had a penalty

*Biggest defeat for Shez

*Embarrassed

*He'll get it right

"There were no positives at all," Sheridan conceded. "Some of our players turned up thinking it would be too easy and we've had a kick in the teeth today.

"It's not on at all. Hereford are fighting for their lives and we gifted them two goals in the first ten minutes. Our defending was shocking.

"This is my biggest defeat and I hope the players are hurting as much as I am. I apologise to the fans for this performance and believe me it won't happen again."

Sheridan added: "Before the game, all the players were talking about how they were expecting a battle, but they just weren't up for that battle. They ran away, they got bullied and they got battered.

"I am embarrassed and if the fans want to moan and groan then they have every right to because we were shocking today."

And the frustrated Latics boss ended with a pointed warning for his team, vowing: "I will not stand for a team of mine playing the way they did."

same old same old john.....you keep threatening to sort it out and you never do,you have 2 weeks of transfer activity left to stop a 3rd consecutive seasons downturn.....im waiting to see how long it is before we get the lucky to reach the play offs speech.

good player decent bloke,poor manager....still with him until end of season but if we miss out again then its a different story....how long is he going to keep using the same excuses after a heavy defeat.

"This is my biggest defeat and I hope the players are hurting as much as I am. I apologise to the fans for this performance and believe me it won't happen again."

I'm pretty sure that was said after the Hartlepool game away last season.

I just really hope we come out of the traps next Saturday and blitz Stockport. A lot of players now have something to prove.

I'm pretty sure that was said after the Hartlepool game away last season.

I just really hope we come out of the traps next Saturday and blitz Stockport. A lot of players now have something to prove.

OK, he said it's never going to happen again. But that's obviously not true...one tonking every year and a half or so isn't the worst thing in the world...there's a helluva lot of other (even decent) sides who'll get far worse.

I reckon we'll hammer them, the mother of all backlashes...