stephens debut?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/e...v_2/7858151.stm

Don't know where on earth the BBC have brought this from . Have they some secret source? As he doesn't seem to be allowed to get off the first team bus and we've had one reserve game since Adam was a lad, I can't think even Shez would throw him in. However in the BBC's defence they may have lost it as I'm now listening to their phone in programme - 'should British jobs stay local?' presented by someone with an Asian name and a Scottish accent! Five live don't you just love 'em!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/e...v_2/7858151.stm

Don't know where on earth the BBC have brought this from . Have they some secret source? As he doesn't seem to be allowed to get off the first team bus and we've had one reserve game since Adam was a lad, I can't think even Shez would throw him in. However in the BBC's defence they may have lost it as I'm now listening to their phone in programme - 'should British jobs stay local?' presented by someone with an Asian name and a Scottish accent! Five live don't you just love 'em!

Sounds like they are clutching at straws to be honest. Dale Stephens "could have been set for a debut" since he signed for us. BBC tend to be rubbish like that.

However in the BBC's defence they may have lost it as I'm now listening to their phone in programme - 'should British jobs stay local?' presented by someone with an Asian name and a Scottish accent! Five live don't you just love 'em!

This is the stupidest comment I have seen in ages on a number of levels.

Edited by jsslatic

This is the stupidest comment I have seen in ages on a number of levels.

Quite happy to be criricised jss, but what 'levels' are you talking about? The BBC (5 live in particular) do seem to have a habit of riding two horses with one arse.

Quite happy to be criricised jss, but what 'levels' are you talking about? The BBC (5 live in particular) do seem to have a habit of riding two horses with one arse.

Is Scotland not part of Britain?

Just because someone has an Asian name doesn't mean they're not British.

Even non-Brits are entitled to discuss whether British jobs should be for the British. If anything, they'd have just as much validity to do so...it's just as much about Brits as it is against non-Brits.

Of course you haven't explicitly said any of the above, it's just from what I've inferred from your comment. Please feel free to argue you didn't mean any of the above, or to rephrase your initial comment...

EDIT: I've just reread your initial comment. Maybe I jumped the gun a bit on the latter point...did you mean the discussion was whether British jobs should stay in Britain...i.e. don't move call centres abroad...or should be for the Brits? I think my underlying argument still stands though, even if the specifics are slighly different...

Edited by jsslatic

Even non-Brits are entitled to discuss whether British jobs should be for the British. If anything, they'd have just as much validity to do so...it's just as much about Brits as it is against non-Brits.

Of course you haven't explicitly said any of the above, it's just from what I've inferred from your comment. Please feel free to argue you didn't mean any of the above, or to rephrase your initial comment...

I think you have got the wrong end of the stick here or I've not made myself clear. I was focussing on 2 points. 1) the local jobs thing. only people in Lincolnshire should get jobs in Lincolnshire seems to be the BBC tack yet their Scottish broadcsater is working from London and broadcasting to the whole of Britain. 2) again thier arguement seems to be those portugese shouldn't be allowed to work over here as they are foreigners but the person reporting on the story wouldn't have been here if her foreign parents hadn't arrived 30 years ago or whatever. Hope I've made myself clear jss but I have a horrible feeling I haven't. I just think that the BBC have spent the dayf ocussing on something that really is a non story.

I think you have got the wrong end of the stick here or I've not made myself clear. I was focussing on 2 points. 1) the local jobs thing. only people in Lincolnshire should get jobs in Lincolnshire seems to be the BBC tack yet their Scottish broadcsater is working from London and broadcasting to the whole of Britain. 2) again thier arguement seems to be those portugese shouldn't be allowed to work over here as they are foreigners but the person reporting on the story wouldn't have been here if her foreign parents hadn't arrived 30 years ago or whatever. Hope I've made myself clear jss but I have a horrible feeling I haven't. I just think that the BBC have spent the dayf ocussing on something that really is a non story.

OK I catch your drift...and apologise for accusing you of having rather stupid and almost racist views that you clearly don't hold. Sorry mate.

EDIT: I've just reread your initial comment. Maybe I jumped the gun a bit on the latter point...did you mean the discussion was whether British jobs should stay in Britain...i.e. don't move call centres abroad...or should be for the Brits? I think my underlying argument still stands though, even if the specifics are slighly different...

I have to say I have never been happy trying to access information from overseas call centres. However....there is a guy somewhere in India who helped me with a computer issue tonight and I have to say had more manners, enthusiasm and patience than I could have dreamt of. Customer services top man. He also said he has a decent left foot, can bowl a mean off break and bat a bit. So worth a look at for the left back spot and as an overseas for Lancy. :grin:

OK I catch your drift...and apologise for accusing you of having rather stupid and almost racist views that you clearly don't hold. Sorry mate.

no problem . my fault for not being clear and having had too much Stella and Rioja ( not a good mix I know)