Stephen Gleeson

Had a txt from a Stockport supporting mate,

He said the talk round there is that he's about to join us on loan from wolves, they reckon he's a good player?

There’s probably nothing in it, but has anyone else heard anything?

As I posted at 6.48am on another thread:

Interesting comment on the BBC606 boards regarding Stephen Gleeson of Wolves.

TOTALLY UNSUBSTANTIATED SOURCE OF RUMOUR

Note - the provider of this crucial breaking news is a new member on that forum, so the reliability of this information should be treated with the utmost caution.

Here's what he can do (on loan at Stockport)

Here are the Soccerbase stats for this Ireland U21 international

1) I've seen him a few times and he's good. 20 years old. Central midfielder. The goal on the second link above came in the first (away) leg of a play-off semi final when County were 1-0 down. That moment turned the tie and County went on to win promotion. Nice pitch invasion too! A player who can turn a season with a moment of brilliance.

2) Anything that links Latics with Wolves raises the question of Taylor going the other way. Food for thought: £500k, Gleeson and Jones for Taylor might not be a bad deal. Obvious concerns around Jones' fitness levels and what balance that would leave on the left.

Disclaimer: I cannot verify this information anywhere else on the old rumour mill and have no reliable source of my own, uncle working in a sandwich shop in the Wolverhapmpton area and have not sighted Gleeson at BP. Nor have I seen any lights on at the club out of hours. Your home is at risk if you a stupid enough or skint enough not to pay your mortgage and 100% of all known smokers die.

Edited by opinions4u