Is it snowing where you are?

Been snowing off and on throughout the day in Durham. (More on than off). At times it has looked very pretty with quite christmas card esque snow but at other times its just been miserable. Just got back from Sunderland and it was raining (not snowing) on the way back, but I'd imagine it will snow a fair bit overnight. Alas, I won't be able to have a snow day as I live within walking distance (even with a crutch) of my place of work/study at the mo (and I've just been off ill so can't really afford to take a random day off because of the weather) but that might mean I'm doing a lot of acting up (i.e. doing a doctors job) tomorrow.

I would say that the etiquette of drinking on a snow day (as someone who likes a drink) is about 11 is OK to start, but I wouldn't get up just to start drinking and once I'd phoned in the snow day I'd go back to sleep. However, anything best enjoyed with beer (so most sports) means all bets are off and I have been to known to have a 6am beer if there was rugby involved. But putting my NHS hat back on I would remind you all to drink responsibily.

EDIT: Looks like it rained instead of snowing last night in the majority of the north east, Durham and Newcastle both fairly clear of snow as a result- so enjoy your snow days

Edited by rudemedic