PC Help

0afc68

On my laptop I can connect to the wireless sky hub I use and the signal strength shows excellent, but it will only show local connection, I have tried everything I can think of, when I diagnose and repair it shows the message "cannot communicate with primary DNS server", I have tried all the things it says on the screen, to no avail, anyone know the solution,

many thanks in advance.

I think your DNS listing in the wireless router is wrong. Correct it and you should be fine....

I take it you're on Windows, with Sky do the following on your laptop:

CONTROL PANEL > NETWORK CONNECTIONS. You should see a WIRELESS NETWORK connection link in there, right click on that and then click PROPERTIES.

Find INTERNET PROTOCOL (TCP/IP) in the list > Click PROPERTIES > Click ADVANCED > Click the DNS tab > Click ADD > Type the IP Address 192.168.2.1 > Click OK with everything you see and run a repair again just to be spot on and the new listing has taken effect.

Thanks for the help rummy, but it hasnt worked, if I plug the laptop into the wireless hub it works immediately and the wireless connection works in the office but not at home, also if i plug in the wireless reciever from my pc the connection works again, all above my head, any other thoughts,

thanks again.

PS im on vista if that changes things.

:headbang:

• 4 weeks later...