ESPN Classics

Don't know if anyone knows of it, but I stumbled across ESPN Classics on SKY, and they were showing a round up of the 92 - 93 season, with extended highlights of the Oldham V Southampton game at BP. It was the year before I started going, I was 12 that season. What a great game, some tasty tackles!

The one thing I did notice... That Boundary Park was packed to the rafters. I even remember my 1st game was really full. Look at it now. I know that we were in the top flight then, but to drop to 4 - 5k people is pretty poor. Its pretty sad really when I watch that to see how little chanting there is now, and especially upset about the lack of mullets these days!

Also noticed that Dowie and Richie both played, and even Nicky Banger who went on to play for us with his round face.

Clip at the end had Big Gordon in the dressing room celebrating with the team, looks like he may have lost a few pounds in the last 15 years!! Although that fry up I seen him eat in Weatherspoons Wrexham woulnd have helped

Theres only Nicky Henry!!

The one thing I did notice... That Boundary Park was packed to the rafters. I even remember my 1st game was really full. Look at it now. I know that we were in the top flight then, but to drop to 4 - 5k people is pretty poor. Its pretty sad really when I watch that to see how little chanting there is now, and especially upset about the lack of mullets these days!

It's a shame of course, but thirteen years of third division football takes its toll...