Open Office

Guest sheridans_world

I've been using it for a while, not the presentation stuff, and it's ok. But I've had problems with people not being able to open the OpenOffice files in Word when I've sent them.

Admittedly I've not put much effort into ways around that, but it might be a problem for you if you want to make a presentation on a PC without OpenOffice.

Ack

I dont think the powerpoint clone is as slick as pp but the whole suite is pretty damn good.

As for the conversion issue, you need to make sure that documents are saved in the correct formats so that M$ Office users can access them. By default OO saves documents in .odx format so you need to change it .doc .xls .mdb or .pps/ .ppt ..etc and you should be fine.

I dont think the powerpoint clone is as slick as pp but the whole suite is pretty damn good.

As for the conversion issue, you need to make sure that documents are saved in the correct formats so that M$ Office users can access them. By default OO saves documents in .odx format so you need to change it .doc .xls .mdb or .pps/ .ppt ..etc and you should be fine.

I knew it'd be simple. I'd just been to lazy to even check.

It is pretty simple when you remember to do it! I am pretty certain that there will be an option to set your default formats but haven't looked yet.

As for 003, I haven't used it extensively but first impressions aren't favourable, they seem to have gone down a dashboard route and it takes ages for this to pop up and is a bit annoying compared to version 2. Just my 2 penneth like.