Support your 7ft OWL

Cheers Bob. Ive got to say though, im really NOT looking forward to it. If i could have said no then i would have done but how do you say no to such a good cause. Everytime ive done the run ive been a wreck for weeks after and had all sorts of injury problems (nothing to do with old age setting in). I just hope that i start getting some sponsorship, i would hate to go through that sort of pain again and not raise a decent amount.

Just to put the thing into perspective.....Go on a jog for 10k (just over 6 miles) but do it in a hot room with a cardboard box over your head so you cant breath and just to add insult to injury carry a rucksack weighing roughly 3 and a half stone. No wonder my thighs feel like bricks for days after. :(

It will be worth it though. ^_^

MASCOT TAKES ON MANCHESTER RUN

©

OS article

Latics' loveable mascot Chaddy The Owl is going through the mill on the Manchester Run again this year in aid of the Samantha Jones Trust.

Chaddy vowed not to do the race again after last year - when he set a personal owl best of 1 hour 11 minutes - but has been persuaded into action again by Latics steward Keith Jones.

Keith set up the charity after his daughter Samantha died from leukaemia and Chaddy is hoping to raise as much money as possible.

"The run always leaves me really tired for about four days afterwards and I vowed never to do it again after last time," Chaddy told oldhamathletic.co.uk.

"But I couldn't refuse when Keith asked me to do it and I'll be going into battle again. I must be mad. I'm even on a diet to make sure I'm in the best possible shape.

Help out your Loveable 7ft Owl, for the Manchester 10k Run

Cheers Bob. Ive got to say though, im really NOT looking forward to it. If i could have said no then i would have done but how do you say no to such a good cause. Everytime ive done the run ive been a wreck for weeks after and had all sorts of injury problems (nothing to do with old age setting in). I just hope that i start getting some sponsorship, i would hate to go through that sort of pain again and not raise a decent amount.

Just to put the thing into perspective.....Go on a jog for 10k (just over 6 miles) but do it in a hot room with a cardboard box over your head so you cant breath and just to add insult to injury carry a rucksack weighing roughly 3 and a half stone. No wonder my thighs feel like bricks for days after. :(

It will be worth it though. ^_^

i will be doing that anyway wayne, but just with my own winter survival kit!!

http://www.justgiving.com/johncurley