• Danny Jones
    • Chris Taylor
    • Deane Smalley
    • Mark Allott
    • Kevin Maher
    • Steve Kabba
    • Lee Hughes
    • Lewis Alessandra

Seems exactly the same as TV's MOTM - he who scores gets the vote. Kabba easy - brought a real extra spark together with control, skill and desire.

Nah, Kev Maher comfortably. Had a hand in the first, and assists for number 2 and 3.

Taylor?? Yeah, he did play well in the first half, and got the winner but it was Maher who kept us ticking.

Nah, Kev Maher comfortably. Had a hand in the first, and assists for number 2 and 3.

Taylor?? Yeah, he did play well in the first half, and got the winner but it was Maher who kept us ticking.

I thought both Taylor and Maher both played well regardless of Taylor's winner, suprised me that Allot didn't get any votes, wasn't one of best games but still sprayed the ball around well and quietly grafted!

Great game though! Almost threw the points away.

I voted for Taylor because he had his best game for us in months. When we were dangerous it was largely through him.

Maher was a very close second though - possibly his best game for us in an ever improving season from his point of view.

Maher was a very close second though - possibly his best game for us in an ever improving season from his point of view.

I think we're starting to see why Southend fans carry Maher in high regard now. He is starting to develop consistancy in his game with us, and he's obviously a player who you need to build around a bit. As long as you've got two wingers who will always carry a threat and create things, players like Allott and Maher are comfortable just keeping it ticking and bossing midfield. That said, Maher does have a creative side to him, which has been evident in the last few games he's played for us.