Last season he's captaining the reserves of the Champions League winners, sat on the bench in the Champions League, but somehow can't get on our bench let alone the first team. No, instead we play a small, has been 35 year old with no legs, pace or strength.

If I was Kieran Lee I'd be wanting out. He's been treated like crap.

Next week Kieran Lee should start on the right (Tayls on the left), and start Lewis Alessandra for God's sake!

Edited by Bring Back Pukka Pies

Last season he's captaining the reserves of the Champions League winners, sat on the bench in the Champions League, but somehow can't get on our bench let alone the first team. No, instead we play a small, has been 35 year old with no legs, pace or strength.

Next week Kieran Lee should start on the right (Tayls on the left), and start Lewis Alessandra for God's sake!

i asked the same question to the geezer sat next to me...i can only assume that heis injured

Lee has played for first team in the league twice, both times played out of position. At crewe put in a man of the match performance

From what I have seen of him he has a footballing brain that is head and shoulders of many of our players.

would really really love to know what hes doing wrong in training, if anything

NO!!! HE IS A CENTRAL MIDFIELDER - Dont do a shez and play him wide right!!

Midfield all season should have been: smalley, allott or maher, lee and taylor

But wait... Lee proably doesnt like a drink or do fags in the car park on a night out... silly me...

agree deffo centre mid and maybe you have a point with that bottom line!!

Sheridan and his staff see the lad every day so maybe they're know something you don't. As for captaining Utd reserves,didn't Michael Clegg ?

Sheridan and his staff see the lad every day so maybe they're know something you don't. As for captaining Utd reserves,didn't Michael Clegg ?

Let's look at a few players who Man Utd didn't deem good enough:

Richie Wellens

Sylvain Ebanks-Blake

Paul Mcshane

David Healy

There's plenty more....

that's against one bad player we've had Michael Clegg.

Heck even Kenny Cooper has gone on to better things. If Gregan hadn't got injured last season Neal Trotman would have probably been released at the end of last season. I don't trust Shez' judgement on this.

Kieran Lee CANNOT be worse than Liddell on the right. It's impossible.

Lee is an excellent player. l worked at mutv when he was coming thru the ranks. There was a tournament in spain that Utd won and Lee was instrumental in all the games and scored a few goals. In the same team were Fraizer Campbell, Jonny Evans, Ryan Shawcross, Danny Simpson to name a few. Kieran is a quiet lad but agreat footballer and exactly what we're missing. He'll get it down and play .

And so he should have been, for reasons Channel M stated. Not just any Tom, Dick or Harry can captain the reserve team of the European Champions.

What's funny is none of us actually know what his best position is meant to be!

Maybe that isn't helping him get a game.... :mmm: Maybe he's crap in training - and he wasn't too great when I saw him play to be honest.

Maybe that isn't helping him get a game.... :mmm: Maybe he's crap in training - and he wasn't too great when I saw him play to be honest.

He was superb at Crewe and far from the worst player on show in the next game, which if I remember was similar to todays game. Then he got dropped, meanwhile the likes of Whittaker who had been turning in indifferent performances almost every week are given chance after chance. lee can play a number of positions well but he lookes like a centre mid to me, despite showing he can be very effective on the wing. I'd play Allott or Maher with Lee in centre mid, almsot as a diamond midfield. His movement off the ball looked like it could cause real problems in this league playing behind the front two. It's never gonna happen though.

That'll be the time when he played his first game for us in four months and was then asked to play again less than 48 hours later against Carlisle.

Since then.......nothing! It's been quite a rest for the lad. He must be very annoyed.

Kieran's preferred position is centre mid although he's played in both full back positions for Utd!

did anyone see the coverage of the champions youth cup [junior champs league] on setanta at the end of last season,lee was fantastic and captained the side through some tough games,they played porto,bocca jnrs,inter milan,flamengo then lee scored a cracking goal to knock barcelona out of semi final,then they went on to beat juventus in the final yet he can,t make our bench.

on another occassion i saw him play a north v south playoff final against spurs pundits picked him as man of match from a team that included solskjaer.

to answer stitch to be fair to lee you saw him wide right deffo not his best position he a cm pretty good fullback too but not a winger

How do you know Kieran? are u related?

if he isnt injured then one can only assume that he is severley lacking in match fitness....it must be so frustrating for a young player who has been used to playing every week,to suddenly not getting much game time at all....again no good not having a regular reserve team,as players can never be fully fit when called upon to step up to the first team.

i do believe that if we had a proper reserve side this season it could have just made a difference,as we would have had more oppertunitys to see players like lee or stephens,and gauge wether or not they could do a decent job in the first team.

whittacker hasnt done anything since october...maher given a decent run will produce good games and have the odd blip,like today,and allott is in the similar mould,the trouble is shez wont drop them both or shouldnt drop them both at the same time....but i would like to see him given a fair chance in central midfield,or if shez manages to sort his head out and go for a different formation.

sadly i dont think we will,and i can see him being one of those players leaving after 12 months citing not getting enough games then joining a rival and playing out of his skin for them,showing us just exactly what we could be missing.