For all you lot who are slating Shez...

But it is a ridiculous argument. You cant compare the achievement of 3 consecutive top 8 finishes in the third tier of english football to achievement in a higher league.

We have the side to be in a much better position than we are. Shez jus cant get em playing

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bet shez would get us a 1st place finish with a championship/prem budget. You've clearly made a twisted response to turn the point to the way you want it.

Now take the point properly and try it. 3 consecutive top 8 finishes. Have we ever done that before?

Are you worried that it makes "shez-outing" look a bit ridiculous?

3 TOP 8 FINISHES. And if we finish 7/8th you'll deffo want him out so we can have a wadsie/talbot/moore 10th place or relegation scramble?

YEEEAAHH. Shez is wonderful. Give him a 10 year contract. GGGGGGEEEEETTTTT RRRRREEEEEAAAALLLLL.............

But it is a ridiculous argument. You cant compare the achievement of 3 consecutive top 8 finishes in the third tier of english football to achievement in a higher league.

We have the side to be in a much better position than we are. Shez jus cant get em playing

Is it ridiculous? Anymore than your bland assertions that we have "the side to be..." - how many of the players we signed were we fighting top 6 clubs for? Whits, Maher, Hazell, Allott? I'll give you Hughes, but that's a special case. Gregan? Was there a queue?

Well anyway, pick this tier if you like? We've spent plenty of time at this level. And of course, you can really compare, 'cos different tiers have different funding and therefore different budgets. We've been here since 98 and we spent 9 years at this level in the 60s/70s. To be honest I don't see a huge difference between current managers' achievement/difficulties and those in the old Div2 from 74 onwards, so why not give it a go at that one too? Or even the easier level of Div 4? Plenty of scope to find something, surely to god?

I'll give you that the top flight is a very different thing.

Come on, can you get anywhere near? What's the next best successive record?

Or do you admit that it can't be found?

I bet shez would get us a 1st place finish with a championship/prem budget. You've clearly made a twisted response to turn the point to the way you want it.

Now take the point properly and try it. 3 consecutive top 8 finishes. Have we ever done that before?

Are you worried that it makes "shez-outing" look a bit ridiculous?

3 TOP 8 FINISHES. And if we finish 7/8th you'll deffo want him out so we can have a wadsie/talbot/moore 10th place or relegation scramble?

i would argue strongly that he wouldnt,or maybe couldnt...

just because you throw a :censored: load of money at it doesnt mean your going to be a success because you buy more expensive players,you only have to look at charlton and southampton to see that,or hull n west brom in the premier league,they have arguably a better budget,but havent invested the cash wisely and bought players that can turn games around,or proven quality.

shez simply finds it a struggle to impact on this team what he actually wants them to play like.

we may well have had consecutive top end finishes since he has been in charge,but those final places came from being in a much stronger position to get promoted,and we simply fell away with poor performance after poor performance,you cant argue with that because its a fact,it actually happened.

even if we had managed to scrape a draw or sneek a win yesterday,i still wouldnt be happy with a performance like that,id be extremely gratefull for the 1 or 3 points,but not the actual performance.

what the tta's have to decide come the end of the season,if we dont go up,is has shez took the club forward not neccessarily as a club as a whole.but the playing side of things,have we actually progressed from his first season in charge.

to give the point of view of an exiled supporter, although i only see highlights and the occasional streamed game and rely on live commentary and match reports at large, it has become incredibly frustrating this season how we continue to rise against the higher calibre opposition and then capitulate against mediocre teams. whatever the reason, be it poor crowd support or poor management, the only thing that has been consistent this season is that inconsistency!

we clearly have the ability to cut it in this division and our results against the teams in the top half of the table suggest that a play off spot is more than merited. i read a post saying that maybe if we had amassed the same amount of points by beating the crap teams and losing to the big ones, then nobody would be jumping up and down, calling for shez's head. however, we all know that is not the case, and it doesn't take a genius to work out that there are major problems here, as well as enormous potential. it's this potential that seems to be the root cause of frustrations as we have failed to capitalise on it and consolidate a decent league position, rather than the fragile one we currently occupy.

personally, i think sheridan's position should be reviewed at the end of the season, depending on how we finish and the crowd numbers etc... i'm just a bit sceptic that a ring in could produce the goods before season end. i'm not saying it can't happen, i just think it's a gamble.

until then, like it or not, the whole club, players and manager alike, needs positive support and encouragement. not happy clapping, not abuse, but support. keep the faith people. :grin: