For all you lot who are slating Shez...

... imagine if Royle c**ked it up big time?!)

We don't need to imagine that. look at his record in his first 4 or 5 seasons. Or look at his record in the 2 seasons after failing in the play offs. Not just worse than Shez but far far worse.

People calling for shez out is one thing but to call for JR to replace just shows how idiotic they can be. On so many many levels.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, I was just saying that Sheridan's first 3 seasons were world class in comparison to Sir Alex's, look at where the big man is now!

What good does chopping and changing managers do, look at Newcastle for example!

Sure, might give them a 3/4 game lift, then what when the new man isn't half of what Sheridan is?

By the way, Joe Royle was a legend here...

Let him stay a legend, look at Windass! (If he'd retired as he should have after Hull's play-off campaign, he'd have been a legend forever, and had a little glistening thing on the end of his career which everyone remembered... imagine if Royle c**ked it up big time?!)

KTF

Joe

chopping and changing??? come may it will have been sheridans 3rd full season in charge...we have seen in previous seasons that after feb we fall away and start playing badly,lose ground and momentum with no apparent expalnation other than we dont look after the ball enough and the players dont listen.

this season i am sad to say...is heading in that very same direction.

i agree in the past we have got rid of managers a little too eagerly,but 3 years is in this day and age a relative lifetime.

how much longer do you give a manager your total backing ans support without getting anything other than the odd cup run here and there back in return.

how much longer do you give a manager your total backing ans support without getting anything other than the odd cup run here and there back in return.

5 years? :huh:

7, 19, 14, 8 without any cups runs? Another year and bingo(ish)?

Or 14, 18 and sack in Feb, after which finishing 23rd?

Or 20, 14, 15?

Anyone remember when 2 consecutive mid-table finishes felt like stability was returning?

Yeah, try Millwall, Leeds, Cheltenham, Tranmere, Herefore, Scunthorpe, Northampton, Southend, Walsall, Crewe, Hartlepool, Stockport, Northampton, Millwall!

Oh, hang on, we won those, so they don't count!

I'd bet me life savings that if and when we beat Tranmere and Franchase, you won't be coming on here slating Sheridan!

Fickle lot on here...

Come on then........................... I'll take it. Send me a PM on what your life savings are because I want to take your bet???? I'm serious............... really serious............. lets bet big money if you want because you are betting we win both those games yeah??? If you believe in Shez that much lets get it on???

What a pile of :censored:e. Joe Royle would be the first one to tell you that getting rid of the gaffer now is madness. Looking at what Shez has achieved on his budget makes this season a success as it stands. Fact, you'll find that any experienced football analyst would tell you that. I know it's frustrating but when are people going to realise that sacking the Manager isn't going to happen. So I'm with Joe - Give it a rest. The players are culpable, let's hope they can turn it round.

Oh and just because I have this point of view it doesn't make me a happy clapper. Grow up morons!

Happy clapper is what you are. Have you had your treatment today???

Joe, Shez is bound to get some stick on here after that and to be honest it is deserved. He will get more abuse than he deserves though so in that sense I can see where you're coming from.

Like you say he will probably put it right over the next couple of games, but then results like todays just get more frustrating and the Shez abuse is then fueled by that as opposed to quenched. It's funny, I think we could have the same amount of points but if we collected them a little differently then Shez would be much more popular!

Fact is many football fans will berate whoever the manager is for every mistake made. They get upset about the game because they care so much and feel better for venting their frustrations through typing whatever about whoever. Some even get upset enough to resort to berating him for phrases used in meaningless interviews and being a manc. If it makes them feel better, leave them be! :grin: That is what I have slowly learnt! :wink:

Agree on the Windass change, not a good signing Shez! He's slowing us down (in more than one sense!).

Well he feckin signed him. It aint Windass' fault. Same as Stephens, Lee, Byfield, Ormerod, O'grady, Davies, Thompson, WTF - Sheridan is great. Signs them all and wont play them coz they are that bad................ now who signed them hhhmmmmmm SHERIDAN.

We don't need to imagine that. look at his record in his first 4 or 5 seasons. Or look at his record in the 2 seasons after failing in the play offs. Not just worse than Shez but far far worse.

People calling for shez out is one thing but to call for JR to replace just shows how idiotic they can be. On so many many levels.

real get real or get a doctor you minge

real get real or get a doctor you minge

Ooh, you can string a few crude insults together. minge. wow!

Now try making a valid ascertainable POINT about something.

Like, maybe, a comparison / contrast between Royle's early years and Shez's?

Go on, try expanding your mind a little, raise yourself up just a tiny bit from the gutter.

get real. yawn. how very original.

Ooh, you can string a few crude insults together. minge. wow!

Now try making a valid ascertainable POINT about something.

Like, maybe, a comparison / contrast between Royle's early years and Shez's?

Go on, try expanding your mind a little, raise yourself up just a tiny bit from the gutter.

get real. yawn. how very original.

You cant compare Royle to Sheridan pal. Please name the 20 odd LOAN players that Royle was allowed to bring in? Compared to Sheridan............. He had no help at all and thats why Shez will go.

You cant compare Royle to Sheridan pal. Please name the 20 odd LOAN players that Royle was allowed to bring in? Compared to Sheridan............. He had no help at all and thats why Shez will go.

Can't actually remember there being many loan players throughout the leagues in Royles time. Times have changed so much in football including transfer deadlines / buying windows. Modern management is so different that it simply cannot be compared.... but I suspect what anyone one says your blinkers will ignore it.

Can't actually remember there being many loan players throughout the leagues in Royles time. Times have changed so much in football including transfer deadlines / buying windows. Modern management is so different that it simply cannot be compared.... but I suspect what anyone one says your blinkers will ignore it.

Of course there was a loan system in place. How old are you?? Obviously not old enough! There was no transfer window as such then so loan players were a lot more availabe however we didnt have the money. People keep stating Sheridan has nothing but TTA have backed him with almost every player he has asked for.

Is it me or do most of sheridans comments after a loss sound the same , (the first half was not acceptable) it was the same team which beat millwall and drew against leeds , They played well on monday I thought we were average at best,

Time for shez to go

There is only so much you can say after a game.

That's why football's so full of cliches and why fans can successfully predict 70% of a manager's output and discuss it on message boards with great accuracy even before the microphone has been shoved in front of the useless numpty's gob.

"we were good / bad /ok today"

"good result / pleased with a draw / disappointed"

"referee didn't help" / or no reference to ref

"same players did well last week" / "same players put right the rubbish of last week"

"will ring the changes" / "will give the same players the chance to turn it round"

Throw in a few "over the moon" and "sick as a parrot" type lines, drop a few adverbs (that's words that should end in "ly" but never do in football manager speak eg "we played superb today") and you've just about got it.

Edited by opinions4u

Brilliant point. You can't compare. Wow.

The loan system was used in a completely different way back then. As for Royle having "no help at all" what exactly do you mean?

Wake up call for the Doom and Gloomers - We are in the play offs at present, we finished 8th last year and 6th before that. Please, please, please show me the 3 consecutive seasons where we did the same in any division? Come on, there were far better managers than shez, so we must have done it, surely???

Come on Staly, I'm expecting you to nail this one. Monkey. :wink:

Yeah, try Millwall, Leeds, Cheltenham, Tranmere, Herefore, Scunthorpe, Northampton, Southend, Walsall, Crewe, Hartlepool, Stockport, Northampton, Millwall!

Oh, hang on, we won those, so they don't count!

I'd bet me life savings that if and when we beat Tranmere and Franchase, you won't be coming on here slating Sheridan!

Fickle lot on here...

I will slate sheridan regardless of who we beat, he isnt a capable man manager - Fact! and people who think that the play offs are a possibility are deluded - Fact!

The losers out of this will be the fans who continue to put up with this dross and TTA when they see the amount of season tickets unsold if JS is still in charge next season.

League 1 barring Leicster and possibly MK is probably the most incoinsistent its been for years and thats the reason that we still occupy a play off place.

Go on then...

Well the year we won division 2 followed by our 2 survival seasons in the top flight are all better than finishing 6th, 8th then wherever in league 1

Even the year we were relegated from the Prem was a better position to finish than 6th in League 1

Well the year we won division 2 followed by our 2 survival seasons in the top flight are all better than finishing 6th, 8th then wherever in league 1

Even the year we were relegated from the Prem was a better position to finish than 6th in League 1

Matter of opinion whether fighting relegation in a higher tier is better than challenging for promotion in a lower.

By the way, the question was

Please, please, please show me the 3 consecutive seasons where we did the same (average 7th or above) in any division?

I don't care if it's in the Prem, it's not 6th and 8th!

Matter of opinion? Who would sooner finish 6th in League 1 as opposed to 17th in the Prem?

How ever high we finish in League 1 there are always 44 teams above us in better leagues.

I bet shez would get us a 1st place finish with a championship/prem budget. You've clearly made a twisted response to turn the point to the way you want it.

Now take the point properly and try it. 3 consecutive top 8 finishes. Have we ever done that before?

Are you worried that it makes "shez-outing" look a bit ridiculous?

3 TOP 8 FINISHES. And if we finish 7/8th you'll deffo want him out so we can have a wadsie/talbot/moore 10th place or relegation scramble?