For all you lot who are slating Shez...

Give it a rest, eh?!

How was he supposed to know that Rubes was going to do that?

Also, 'he's got no motivational skills' people, did you not see how much better we were in the 2nd half?

Crikey, when we get 6 points from the next 2 games, you'll be more depressed than most of us are now!

KTF!!

Joe

Edit - One critisism I would have was bringing Windass on instead of Lewis.

Hughes sole man up front, with Lewis playing just behind next game please!!

Edited by JoeLatics

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Give it a rest, eh?!

Also, 'he's got no motivational skills' people, did you not see how much better we were in the 2nd half?

Crikey, when we get 6 points from the next 2 games, you'll be more depressed than most of us are now!

KTF!!

Joe

Give it a rest?

You have got to be kidding...right?

Give it a rest, eh?!

KTF!!

Joe

Err here is the clue

Swindon

Yeovil

Cheltenham

Bristol

Leyton Orient

Brighton

Carlisle

Colchester.

Complete lack of tactical knowledge

Give it a rest, eh?!

KTF!!

Joe

Please Please tell me your joking.

Give it a rest, eh?!

KTF!!

Joe

we couldnt be much worse though could we......

so was it really his team talk or the players feeling bad about playing :censored: again at home..

lets be honest....we have played out of our skins on numerous occasions first half,only for the team talk and the second half to be as bad as today....

anybody who has taken charge of a football team at any level at any point in there lives will tell you,you just dont stand there looking glum and not saying anything at all.

I stood by Shez for a while, but after the Bristol game I started to have doubts. Now after this game i've finally lost my rag with him. Any abuse he gets on here tonight is fully justified...

no not any abuse.....personal abuse is a no no,no matter how bad things are.

but abuse of poor coaching and anything else to do with football or as a manager in general.

Give it a rest, eh?!

KTF!!

Joe

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Get in the real world :lol: Not just about Hazell's attempted clearance you idiot. We dont pose a threat at home to teams like............ wait for it............ Cheltenham, Yeovil, Colchester, Bristol Rovers............... Get in the real world you HAPPY CLAPPER :applause1:

Give it a rest, eh?!

KTF!!

Joe

Edited by losesome

Give it a rest, eh?!

KTF!!

Joe

Shez has no tactical awareness and whilst you can't blame him for goals like they scored you can for our response.

To say he motivated a better second half is a joke. We couldn't possibly get any worse and anybody could have improved that performance.

Why does he persist in giving Liddle a pension bonus when he is clearly past it now.

Shez can't change things tactically - With taylor not fit he should have played Jones on the left wing and Smalley on the other to go at them with pace.

In the second half when it clearly wasn't working why didn't he take Lids and Kabba off and bring Whits and Allesandra on and played 433 -

BECAUSE HE CANT THINK LIKE THAT -

We have 10/11 games left and what we should now to try and save our season is bye bye Shez and get somebody like Joe Royal in (who is available) to give us a 10 games boost to the play offs.

Shez has learnt nothing in the years in charge and his tactics are now holding the club back.

Err here is the clue

Swindon

Yeovil

Cheltenham

Bristol

Leyton Orient

Brighton

Carlisle

Colchester.

Complete lack of tactical knowledge

Yeah, try Millwall, Leeds, Cheltenham, Tranmere, Herefore, Scunthorpe, Northampton, Southend, Walsall, Crewe, Hartlepool, Stockport, Northampton, Millwall!

Oh, hang on, we won those, so they don't count!

I'd bet me life savings that if and when we beat Tranmere and Franchase, you won't be coming on here slating Sheridan!

Fickle lot on here...

Shez has no tactical awareness and whilst you can't blame him for goals like they scored you can for our response.

To say he motivated a better second half is a joke. We couldn't possibly get any worse and anybody could have improved that performance.

Why does he persist in giving Liddle a pension bonus when he is clearly past it now.

Shez can't change things tactically - With taylor not fit he should have played Jones on the left wing and Smalley on the other to go at them with pace.

In the second half when it clearly wasn't working why didn't he take Lids and Kabba off and bring Whits and Allesandra on and played 433 -

BECAUSE HE CANT THINK LIKE THAT -

We have 10/11 games left and what we should now to try and save our season is bye bye Shez and get somebody like Joe Royal in (who is available) to give us a 10 games boost to the play offs.

Shez has learnt nothing in the years in charge and his tactics are now holding the club back.

What a pile of :censored:e. Joe Royle would be the first one to tell you that getting rid of the gaffer now is madness. Looking at what Shez has achieved on his budget makes this season a success as it stands. Fact, you'll find that any experienced football analyst would tell you that. I know it's frustrating but when are people going to realise that sacking the Manager isn't going to happen. So I'm with Joe - Give it a rest. The players are culpable, let's hope they can turn it round.

Oh and just because I have this point of view it doesn't make me a happy clapper. Grow up morons!

Give it a rest, eh?!

KTF!!

Joe

no you give it a rest. stop defending shez the manager.

good players + crap manager unable to motivate = inconsistency!

it's clear for all to see and just plain boooring!!!

we couldnt be much worse though could we......

Totally agree, but a bad patch doesn't make him a bad manager!

Try Sir Alex's first 3 years at United, nearly got them relegated IIRC!

so was it really his team talk or the players feeling bad about playing :censored: again at home..

Bristol & Yeovil. Didn't suddenly bump up their game then!

What a pile of :censored:e. Joe Royle would be the first one to tell you that getting rid of the gaffer now is madness. Looking at what Shez has achieved on his budget makes this season a success as it stands. Fact, you'll find that any experienced football analyst would tell you that. I know it's frustrating but when are people going to realise that sacking the Manager isn't going to happen. So I'm with Joe - Give it a rest. The players are culpable, let's hope they can turn it round.

Oh and just because I have this point of view it doesn't make me a happy clapper. Grow up morons!

Thank you!

Again I'll use the analogy (spelling?) or Sir Alex, horrible 1st few years whilst he learnt the trade! Would a single person anywhere say that 6th, 8th and whatever we get this season (I still think top 6, one result doesn't change my mind!) is a horrible first few years?

no you give it a rest. stop defending shez the manager.

good players + crap manager unable to motivate = inconsistency!

it's clear for all to see and just plain boooring!!!

20 posts since April 07, surely they didn't all come after defeats?!

Joe, Shez is bound to get some stick on here after that and to be honest it is deserved. He will get more abuse than he deserves though so in that sense I can see where you're coming from.

Like you say he will probably put it right over the next couple of games, but then results like todays just get more frustrating and the Shez abuse is then fueled by that as opposed to quenched. It's funny, I think we could have the same amount of points but if we collected them a little differently then Shez would be much more popular!

Fact is many football fans will berate whoever the manager is for every mistake made. They get upset about the game because they care so much and feel better for venting their frustrations through typing whatever about whoever. Some even get upset enough to resort to berating him for phrases used in meaningless interviews and being a manc. If it makes them feel better, leave them be! :grin: That is what I have slowly learnt! :wink:

Agree on the Windass change, not a good signing Shez! He's slowing us down (in more than one sense!).

Joe, Shez is bound to get some stick on here after that and to be honest it is deserved. He will get more abuse than he deserves though so in that sense I can see where you're coming from.

Like you say he will probably put it right over the next couple of games, but then results like todays just get more frustrating and the Shez abuse is then fueled by that as opposed to quenched. It's funny, I think we could have the same amount of points but if we collected them a little differently then Shez would be much more popular!

Fact is many football fans will berate whoever the manager is for every mistake made. They get upset about the game because they care so much and feel better for venting their frustrations through typing whatever about whoever. Some even get upset enough to resort to berating him for phrases used in meaningless interviews and being a manc. If it makes them feel better, leave them be! :grin: That is what I have slowly learnt! :wink:

Agree on the Windass change, not a good signing Shez! He's slowing us down (in more than one sense!).

There are people comparing Sheridan to Sir Alex Fergusson, Lets get one thing right,

this club (Oldham Athletic) cannot afford to stay in this division for another few seasons.

The future of this club is at risk if we don’t get promotion as there wont be any new fans or kids coming through the turnstiles in the numbers we need and we run the risk of losing yet another generation to our more illustrious neighbours and various premier league clubs and the ones we have at the moment will loose interest.

If We don’t get promoted this year regardless of play-offs or a potential Wembley appearance then I really think we need to part company with Mr Sheridan as this season would have been a failure.

Yeah, try Millwall, Leeds, Cheltenham, Tranmere, Herefore, Scunthorpe, Northampton, Southend, Walsall, Crewe, Hartlepool, Stockport, Northampton, Millwall!

Oh, hang on, we won those, so they don't count!

I'd bet me life savings that if and when we beat Tranmere and Franchase, you won't be coming on here slating Sheridan!

Fickle lot on here...

I'm sorry, but praise WHEN praise is due, and a moan when moaning is due. You cannot argue with that!

Yes, because having a moan gets it out of your system. It's not a personal attack, it is justifiable discontent.

There are people comparing Sheridan to Sir Alex Fergusson, Lets get one thing right,

this club (Oldham Athletic) cannot afford to stay in this division for another few seasons.

The future of this club is at risk if we don’t get promotion as there wont be any new fans or kids coming through the turnstiles in the numbers we need and we run the risk of losing yet another generation to our more illustrious neighbours and various premier league clubs and the ones we have at the moment will loose interest.

If We don’t get promoted this year regardless of play-offs or a potential Wembley appearance then I really think we need to part company with Mr Sheridan as this season would have been a failure.

i seriously doubt for one moment that anybody is compairing shez with axle berguson....that would just be futile and churlish to say the least.

sheridan should be compared to previous managers and there rate of success or failure,and even against other managers in this division.

this is essentially a ticking timebomd for sheridan and tta's....we said last season was our best chance to go up..now were saying this season is our best chance.....quite frankly we have to take the bull by the horns and make the horrible decisions that go hand in hand with creating maintaining and operating a football club successfully....just what level of success that is is always going to be dependable on abilty and backing,regardless of who is in charge and who is on the pitch....

any and every season could or should be our season,you make your own luck in life as well as in football.

shez is abundantly aware that come may if were not up hes gone,unemployed,out of a job,and with that in mind.if it was me,i would be ripping my hair out and wanting to get to the bottom of why or what exactly is wrong with a group of experienced players who can;t be bothered turning it on for 90 mins a week,every week with the occasional blip every now and again.

something isnt right,and it needs to be pinpointed,addressed and sorted sooner rather than later....time to stand up and be counted and prove to everybody who forks out there hard earned cash each week to watch a football team,that they really can put a smile on peoples faces and do the job they get paid very handsomely for.

Give it a rest, eh?!

KTF!!

Joe

Joe

Anyone who paid £20 to watch that and/or Bristol R has every right to have a pop.

Over the past 10 games we have taken 13 points from a possible 30, that is not promotion form.

We carry on like this, its a case of when, not if, we slip out of the playoffs.

This is very much sheridans team, and he has been backed to the hills this season by TTA, I bet any other club with an average attendance of just over 5000 would have as much to spend as him

And I would put money on 'typical latics' getting points from the next two games, but you wont get out of this division by picking and choosing which games you motivate yourself for and which games you cant be arsed with, and I dont think im the only one now who is getting a tad tired of seeing 'typical latics'

There are people comparing Sheridan to Sir Alex Fergusson,

No, I was just saying that Sheridan's first 3 seasons were world class in comparison to Sir Alex's, look at where the big man is now!

What good does chopping and changing managers do, look at Newcastle for example!

Sure, might give them a 3/4 game lift, then what when the new man isn't half of what Sheridan is?

By the way, Joe Royle was a legend here...

Let him stay a legend, look at Windass! (If he'd retired as he should have after Hull's play-off campaign, he'd have been a legend forever, and had a little glistening thing on the end of his career which everyone remembered... imagine if Royle c**ked it up big time?!)

KTF

Joe