Jim Gannon

I for one think Shez should go and I also believe that Latics is a natural step up for Jim Gannon (even if Stockport got 5,800 for today's game). I like his team's work rate. I like the way they keep the ball on the floor. I admire what he has done with youngsters. I admire the way he's booted older, less committed, players out of Stockport County. I admire the fact that his team's league position has improved every single season he's been there.

I don't think we should go for a previous manager (Royle, Ritchie etc) as "going back" rarely works.

I don't think we should promote from within. I think something needs fundamentally changing at Oldham Athletic. Indeed, I'm tempted to say Tony Philliskirk is the only on of the existing set up who we should bend over backwards to keep on the staff.

I don't think Boothroyd would come to us.

I think Gannon is a better bet than Keith Hill (backed up by who won the play-off final).

Assuming we have a vacancy imminent (and that is nothing more than an assumption on my part) please can people tell me why we shouldn't appoint Jim Gannon as manager.

Edited by opinions4u