Just got back.

Missed the 1st goal as I was still making my way to the ground with a huge smile on my face having watched Liverpool demolish man youuuuuuuuuuuuu.

Irrespective of the result, one thing that I thought today was that the players didn't give up (yes I have read Shez's comments and don't agree) and kept trying even at 5-2. They are playing to tactics at the end of the day and you can't blame them for the way we play. The fact that Budtz and Hines are not good enough is almost irrelevant. Despite recent incidents and form, I believe with the right promting and direction we still have the players to get us into the play-offs so its over to the board to do what is right.

One other point. This seasons loan signings have overall been baffling. Jones was and is a good shout as we needed a true left back and Goldbourne has been a decent stand in. However, Ormerod, Byfield (he looked reasonable) Windass, Kabba, Hines & Budtz have been no better than what we already have. And then we have Fabio! What Alessandra, Stam & Bell must be thinking tonight is unthinkable, because if the manager doesn't rate them any better than the loan signings, then what are they doing at the club in the 1st place.

Cheers,

Harry

Guest oa_exile
Just got back.

Missed the 1st goal as I was still making my way to the ground with a huge smile on my face having watched Liverpool demolish man youuuuuuuuuuuuu.

Irrespective of the result, one thing that I thought today was that the players didn't give up (yes I have read Shez's comments and don't agree) and kept trying even at 5-2. They are playing to tactics at the end of the day and you can't blame them for the way we play. The fact that Budtz and Hines are not good enough is almost irrelevant. Despite recent incidents and form, I believe with the right promting and direction we still have the players to get us into the play-offs so its over to the board to do what is right.

One other point. This seasons loan signings have overall been baffling. Jones was and is a good shout as we needed a true left back and Goldbourne has been a decent stand in. However, Ormerod, Byfield (he looked reasonable) Windass, Kabba, Hines & Budtz have been no better than what we already have. And then we have Fabio! What Alessandra, Stam & Bell must be thinking tonight is unthinkable, because if the manager doesn't rate them any better than the loan signings, then what are they doing at the club in the 1st place.

Cheers,

Harry

Baffling or just PANIC loanies ? or a throw of the dice and a "He will do" ?

We have used approx 26-27 players this season in 37 League games and we wonder why we are so inconsistent ? granted we have injuries and suspensions to compensate for but yet another season without a settles side/squad.

Shez made his signings and contracts early coupled with an early pre-season start ....the writing was on the wall early doors with poor and indifferent performances.

I dont take any delight in finding the season slipping away into oblivion (again).

Basic problem has been no Plan B !

Edited by oa_exile

Guest oa_exile
Or plan A

Carl that has been one of the problems,we have a Plan A and when it does not work we have no Plan B.

Teams have been quick to see our plan A , teams do their homework ...... Shez and his backroom boys obviously dont do their homework on the opposition ? as we offer no answer(s) apart from the usual week in week out subsitutions or tactical nouse which we could write on the back of a fag packet. :(

Kev's free kick was a cracker - as was the other goal. Shame they'll probably be forgotten as a result of the demolition.

Have to disagree with Budtz - with Crossley injured we needed a backup for Fleming. If Shez/Philliskirk felt that Bell was ready, I'm sure they'd have thrown him in. Clearly they didn't, and as such playing him now could have ruined him mentally.

Carl that has been one of the problems,we have a Plan A and when it does not work we have no Plan B.

Teams have been quick to see our plan A , teams do their homework ...... Shez and his backroom boys obviously dont do their homework on the opposition ? as we offer no answer(s) apart from the usual week in week out subsitutions or tactical nouse which we could write on the back of a fag packet. :(

Oh and don't forget Browny our chief 'scout', what a job he is doing. He was our GK coach under uncle Ronnie and the best he can come up with is Budz on loan? Remember the picture in the programme of him asleep in his car? mmmm so do I.

Andy,

The substitutions are nearly always like for like. They don't change anything or give the opposition anything to think about.

Cheer,

Harry

Guest oa_exile
Andy,

The substitutions are nearly always like for like. They don't change anything or give the opposition anything to think about.

Cheer,

Harry

That is what I meant :) I have had a few Shandy's now so my brain is not in gear :drinking::wacko:

...and before you say it I know it's dangerous drinking on an empty head :grin:

It Was Taylor Who Scoreed The FreeKick :)

An Amazing one to :)

The Main problem For us Today, Was,

There strike Force, in Fact whole team, beat us For PACE

they had that something we didnt have,

Gregan Was Left Helpless

No Hazell To Cover for him, Left him With No Chance,

Example when They Hit The Post, After We Scored.

And The other Reason.

SHERIDAN

The Sooner hes Gone the better, the players Are Doing a chelsea i Think

Guest oa_exile

Gregan Was Left Helpless

And The other Reason.

SHERIDAN

Azza,think you need a new keyboard :wink:

Gregan Was Left Helpless

And The other Reason.

SHERIDAN

Which free kick? The one today??

Was maher mate