Truth about latics players

Crossley- done an ok job but flemming is natural replacement

Eardley- on to many occasions I have seen opposition go past him as if he were invisible. Passing hit and miss.

Stam- ok, but nothing special

Hazell ok nothing special

gregan- good header of the ball. past his sell by date and a disruption to the team.

Lomax- ok but nothing special

Taylor. lots of effort but legs quicker than brain.

Liddlle. Age has got to him.

Allot- Out of depth

Whiticker- Hit and miss

Maher- not seen enough of him.

Hughes- personally we should never had him here. he is selfish and arrogant but is consistant in front of goal. with better service would have 10 plus more goals this season.

Alexandra-not had enough games

Smalley- not had enough games

Personally, Gregan - Liddle - wolfenden and Allot would be replaced. and perhaps whiticker

I would get a left footer on left wing and play Taylor on right with lomax ( not eardley ) behind him.

Stam and Hazell centre defence.

maher plus 1 in centre.

Alexanda/smalley with hughes.

replace sheriden with another manager.

Most important re establish disipline amongst players and get rid of any that disrupt team.

I live near chapel rd and players do not train enough and lack ideas on pitch.

To many times latics have faded in second half! is this down to tiredness ?

Eardley- on to many occasions I have seen opposition go past him as if he were invisible. Passing hit and miss.

gregan- good header of the ball. past his sell by date and a disruption to the team.

Allot- Out of depth

Whiticker- Hit and miss

Hughes- personally we should never had him here. he is selfish and arrogant but is consistant in front of goal. with better service would have 10 plus more goals this season.

Personally, Gregan - Liddle - wolfenden and Allot would be replaced. and perhaps whiticker

I would get a left footer on left wing and play Taylor on right with lomax ( not eardley ) behind him.

maher plus 1 in centre.

Most important re establish disipline amongst players and get rid of any that disrupt team.

sums up what i feel with the exeption of hughes...

Allot- Out of depth

Whiticker- Hit and miss

maher plus 1 in centre.

No intenetion of replying to all of that, but what make you think that playing Taylor on the right would help?

Cheers,

Harry

Guest oa_exile
Whilst I do not like hughes personally. I have stated that with good service he could have at least another 10 goals.

His ability is not in question. Just his morality.

Add to that,sometimes I dont think gives a flying .....he has had his moments this season...FA Cup and January transfer window are just two that spring to mind.

...Ah and also his temperament on the pitch :wink:

No intenetion of replying to all of that, but what make you think that playing Taylor on the right would help?

There are lots of different things we could try. Indeed we have seen Taylor on the right. He's as effective on the right as he is on the left. But there's no way I could say we're significantly better when he's on the right.

Shez is getting slated for playing Hines instead of Stam. Personally he did what I would have done with the same squad at my disposal.

He's getting slated for playing Liddell ahead of Lee. I'd pick Lee ahead of Liddell now, but it's by no means a clear cut call. While Lidds is no Ronaldo he can still create.

I'd have played Alessandra up front most of the season. But thought Windass was a good call.

Ultimately, it's not the little things like those above. All of them are 'close calls' and none of them are a no-brainer'.

Ultimately it's the big things. Work rate and motivation. Shez doesn't seem to get his teams working as hard as they should. And they rarely look like the really "want it".

If you don't REALLY want it, you ain't ever going to get it.

Edited by opinions4u

There are lots of different things we could try. Indeed we have seen Taylor on the right. He's as effective on the right as he is on the left. But there's no way I could say we're significantly better when he's on the right.

Shez is getting slated for playing Hines instead of Stam. Personally he did what I would have done with the same squad at my disposal.

He's getting slated for playing Liddell ahead of Lee. I'd pick Lee ahead of Liddell now, but it's by no means a clear cut call. While Lidds is no Ronaldo he can still create.

I'd have played Alessandra up front most of the season. But thought Windass was a good call.

Ultimately, it's not the little things like those above. All of them are 'close calls' and none of them are a no-brainer'.

Ultimately it's the big things. Work rate and motivation. Shez doesn't seem to get his teams working as hard as they should. And they rarely look like the really "want it".

If you don't REALLY want it, you ain't ever going to get it.

Can't disagree with that.

The strange thing though is that the players do look fit, so there is a good level of physical training that takes place. The problem seems to be when Shez and Tommy throw that white round thing in. :grin:

Cheers,

Harry

Allot- Out of depth

Whiticker- Hit and miss

maher plus 1 in centre.

Where was your "expert" summing up of these players after 20 games????

Much of your appraisal seems very 'one sided!!'

Where was your "expert" summing up of these players after 20 games????

Much of your appraisal seems very 'one sided!!'

No I have had these views all season thank you very much.

Perhaps from now on every ten games you would like more expert( lol ) opinions.

I am no expert but let me tell you this. I was at Rochdale away and davies got sent of right in front of me. Because of that sheriden basically got rid. Now davies is hot and cold but better than some of our current first teamers.

Simple sheriden panicks.

Question how many times have latics won a game this season from coming from behind ?

No I have had these views all season thank you very much.

Perhaps from now on every ten games you would like more expert( lol ) opinions.

I am no expert but let me tell you this. I was at Rochdale away and davies got sent of right in front of me. Because of that sheriden basically got rid. Now davies is hot and cold but better than some of our current first teamers.

Simple sheriden panicks.

Question how many times have latics won a game this season from coming from behind ?

3 times

6 times they've drawn when behind