I have to admit i wasn't there today. I planned to be but i'm currently making a short documentary for uni on my second team Whitby town and due to some circumstances it was either film it today or fail my course. Now i've had a bad day football wise. Whitby lost and now it's very probable they are going to go down. Worse than that. Latics lost. I was shocked and i couldn't believe that after all the hype and excitement this week we'd lost. I've read alot of the stuff on here, both the bad stuff and the stuff trying to shine abit of hopefull light on the situation and i agree with bits from both. I don't know as much as alot of the fans on here, i'm only 19 and i've only supported the blues since ronnie moore's last season. So not too long. Alot of people are saying that this season is over now, i don't think it is at all but fair do's to them. I think we can still get 6th place. Joe's only had a week and the two new lads have had less than that so lets be fair to them. Alot of our players do need to go, they seem to think they can coast it, theres no passion and without passion whats the point in football?? Personally (and this IS just how i feel) i think we need promotion to keep us stable financially. To hopefully bring in bigger crowds and create new fans. As far as the football side is concerned i'd be absolutley ecstatic if we went up, BUT a few days later i know that i'd be dreading the next season. As things are now, if this team goes up, we'd be battered around the championship like no one's buisness. I'd still be at every match i could get to but what if we came straight back down and ended up off even worse than we are now. All hypotheticals of course but i think alot of people need to put our current situation into perspective. Could be a hell of alot worse.

Finally i just want to ask. Who could stop supporting latics? Could you say right i'm off to support city or rochdale or stalybride. Or even Oldham Town (who are doing quite well at the moment). I know i couldn't but maybe thats because i havn't had the latics bug as long as others, i don't know. If you could leave the latics behind then say so and call me an idiot (it wouldn't be the first time i've been called that) if you don't think you could then hows about we give the team our full support. Just these last eight games, next season is next season. Lets concentrate on what we might be able to do now.

I won't say keep the faith because i know we're all trying our best to :grin:

I have to admit i wasn't there today. I planned to be but i'm currently making a short documentary for uni on my second team Whitby town and due to some circumstances it was either film it today or fail my course. Now i've had a bad day football wise. Whitby lost and now it's very probable they are going to go down.

Bet you got all the footage you needed (not wanted) though! Sorry to hear that...my non-league team is Stalybridge who have very very similar abilities to the Latics...like...

Can't win at home for months then win 4-1 and 7-1 and then lose 5-0!!! To top it off...they go away to Gateshead (top of the league!!!) and win 1-0 today!!!

As for the rest of your post, well...I came along after the party too. You're even further along. I missed those top flight days...I was 16 when we entered this division and had parents who took me for the odd few BIG games before 1996. I've only ever been able to work from 16 and afford home and away in this division. And never waned...never ever contemplated waning either! Wanted Talbot out with a passion, felt *cough* Moore got :censored: on massively and felt Shez had hit the ceiling of his abilities (but never called for his sacking, but felt I'd not be upset if he left)....but to stop going because of them??? That's not a Latics fan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now we're where we are...and while Shez had some big faults, the players aren't unaccountable either (Shez's players!!!)

We might not make the playoffs. Infact, for me we need 17pts from 24 (5 wins, 2 draws...felt this with 10 games to go), so I don't think we will make them now. But some players got shown up for a lot of what I've been thinking today. It ain't about me "paying their wages" and how dare they do that! It's about the club...and the gutless players some want to throw the toys out about will NEVER EVER make me want to stop putting money into the club and send it to it's grave. That is what these wankers are basically saying/doing!

Edited by boundaryblue80

It ain't about me "paying their wages" and how dare they do that! It's about the club...and the gutless players some want to throw the toys out about will NEVER EVER make me want to stop putting money into the club and send it to it's grave.

Good explanation of what it means to :ktf:

I have to admit i wasn't there today. I planned to be but i'm currently making a short documentary for uni on my second team Whitby town and due to some circumstances it was either film it today or fail my course. Now i've had a bad day football wise. Whitby lost and now it's very probable they are going to go down. Worse than that. Latics lost. I was shocked and i couldn't believe that after all the hype and excitement this week we'd lost. I've read alot of the stuff on here, both the bad stuff and the stuff trying to shine abit of hopefull light on the situation and i agree with bits from both. I don't know as much as alot of the fans on here, i'm only 19 and i've only supported the blues since ronnie moore's last season. So not too long. Alot of people are saying that this season is over now, i don't think it is at all but fair do's to them. I think we can still get 6th place. Joe's only had a week and the two new lads have had less than that so lets be fair to them. Alot of our players do need to go, they seem to think they can coast it, theres no passion and without passion whats the point in football?? Personally (and this IS just how i feel) i think we need promotion to keep us stable financially. To hopefully bring in bigger crowds and create new fans. As far as the football side is concerned i'd be absolutley ecstatic if we went up, BUT a few days later i know that i'd be dreading the next season. As things are now, if this team goes up, we'd be battered around the championship like no one's buisness. I'd still be at every match i could get to but what if we came straight back down and ended up off even worse than we are now. All hypotheticals of course but i think alot of people need to put our current situation into perspective. Could be a hell of alot worse.

Finally i just want to ask. Who could stop supporting latics? Could you say right i'm off to support city or rochdale or stalybride. Or even Oldham Town (who are doing quite well at the moment). I know i couldn't but maybe thats because i havn't had the latics bug as long as others, i don't know. If you could leave the latics behind then say so and call me an idiot (it wouldn't be the first time i've been called that) if you don't think you could then hows about we give the team our full support. Just these last eight games, next season is next season. Lets concentrate on what we might be able to do now.

I won't say keep the faith because i know we're all trying our best to :grin:

So sensible for one so young. Well said.