It's not hard to see where we went wrong and when we came off the rails!

Saturday 1st November 2008. It's the last time be saw Lewis and Hughes start.

Oldham 0 - 2 Yeovil! Saturday 1st November 2008. I'm sure of it. If there was A game after that which both started it was only a single game, but I'm not ever sure there was another, at all.

Our record including that game with Hughes and Lewis starting was:

W 4

D 3

L 1

Alessandra was dropped after that loss and we went on to win 3 on the bounce....that's all fine but when our form went rocky why didn't we revert back?

Hughes and Alessandra have looked more comfortable than any of our other pairings.

Ormerod

Byfield

Windass

Kabba

None of them slot with Hughes. Davies could have done and is probably the second best option with Hughes we had and O'Grady is well....not very good.

I'm not gonna find the stats with Hughes and all the other strikers. But 15 points from 24 with Hughes and Alessandra starting is the sort of form which gets you pushing for second.

Shez not reverting back to Hughes and Alessandra cost us our season. Argue against it if you want, but the stats speak for themselves.

Edited by Bring Back Pukka Pies

Saturday 1st November 2008. It's the last time be saw Lewis and Hughes start.

Oldham 0 - 2 Yeovil! Saturday 1st November 2008. I'm sure of it. If there was A game after, it was only a single game, but I'm not ever sure there was, at all.

Our record including that game with Hughes and Lewis starting was:

W 4

D 3

L 1

Alessandra was dropped after that loss and we went on to win 3 on the bounce....that's all fine but when our form went rocky why didn't we revert back?

Hughes and Alessandra have looked more comfortable than any of our other pairings.

Ormerod

Byfield

Windass

Kabba

None of them slot with Hughes. Davies could have done and is probably the second best option with Hughes we had and O'Grady is well....not very good.

I'm not gonna find the stats with Hughes and all the other strikers. But 15 points from 24 with Hughes and Alessandra starting is the sort of form which gets you pushing for second.

Shez not reverting back to Hughes and Alessandra cost us our season. Argue against it if you want, but the stats speak for themselves.

Im not sure I buy into all this stats business. Yes they can be useful, but if Lewis had stayed in the team we could quite easily of gone the same way mate. Then what would the stats show us? That Lewis and Hughes cant play together?

The main problem for me which hasnt helped is the poor central midfield. We have no one who is willing to get hold of the ball and play through the middle. We are too predictable, it is always out to the wings. Opposition who are willing to sit back just stifle us and we dont have enough quality to break teams down. We miss a Wellens or a KK whatever people may think of them. The central midfielders also IMO do not offer much in terms of defending, teams can just run through the middle at us. Allott has not been anywhere near as good as he was last season and Whits is like a ghost when it comes to getting stuck in. He might as well not be there.

Couple this with a now un motivated and what seems a divided and maybe unfit squad and for me that why we are dropping down the table. Not because of Lewis not partnering Hughes.

well its over now hughesy gone to blackpool ,no striker who can score goals , taylors hurt , looks like the tta/joe have given up trying to make the playoffs

The players have let down TTA, the management and the fans.

Realistically, the last two results have probably made the Play-offs impossible, and TTA have decided to offload Hughes from the wage bill. Having been let down by the players, TTA would have been foolish to continue losing money through the turnstiles and continue to pay their highest earner when the remainder of the fixtures were meaningless.

During those fixtures the younger players can be given a chance to show what they can do. There will then be a clearout and new playing personnel based on the reduced budget.

We should be told now whether Joe will be the manager next season. If so, we can get behind his efforts to sort out the Club and build for the future, with season ticket sales reflecting the fans' hopes. If not, then whatever he does from now on can be seen as the actions of a caretaker and expected to be undone when the new man comes in.

The players have let down TTA, the management and the fans.

Realistically, the last two results have probably made the Play-offs impossible, and TTA have decided to offload Hughes from the wage bill. Having been let down by the players, TTA would have been foolish to continue losing money through the turnstiles and continue to pay their highest earner when the remainder of the fixtures were meaningless.

During those fixtures the younger players can be given a chance to show what they can do. There will then be a clearout and new playing personnel based on the reduced budget.

We should be told now whether Joe will be the manager next season. If so, we can get behind his efforts to sort out the Club and build for the future, with season ticket sales reflecting the fans' hopes. If not, then whatever he does from now on can be seen as the actions of a caretaker and expected to be undone when the new man comes in.

How the feck are they impossible if we win our next two games look at who the top six play they have to drop points!!