Calm down

Yes, sensational news this afternoon........

however

we have to put our faith in and trust what the manager and owners are doing at the club.

On Latics World after the Cheltenham game, Royle pinpointed what we were lacking. A frontman to hold the ball up, or one to get behind the back line.

In Hughes we had a great finisher, and in my opinion, a good worker and a battler. That said, he hasnt been effective for ages. Over the last few weeks I've felt the cohesion between midfield and attack has been seriously lacking. Royle assessed this quickly and has changed things. After all its about the team performance as a whole, not just one man. The second half at Whaddon Road was encouraging.

I've got to admit, I'm no Kabba fan at the moment. He hasnt done anything to turn the fans on to him so far. That said, he comes highly recommended as a fast strong centre forward. He's done it elsewhere. Maybe we haven't seen the best of him. Maybe he needs to be the "main man". Only time will tell.

Regarding Lewis, again, he hasn't had his fair crack of the whip so far. maybe this is his opportunity.

For those who think the season has been written off, I implore you to reconsider. Things had to change. The run of form has been dreadful. If the manager feels that as part of that change, we should offload our "main striker" then so be it.

I for one support the decision, and trust the reasons behind it were solid.

6 points in the next 2 games and belive me, its back on!

Yes, sensational news this afternoon........

however

we have to put our faith in and trust what the manager and owners are doing at the club.

On Latics World after the Cheltenham game, Royle pinpointed what we were lacking. A frontman to hold the ball up, or one to get behind the back line.

In Hughes we had a great finisher, and in my opinion, a good worker and a battler. That said, he hasnt been effective for ages. Over the last few weeks I've felt the cohesion between midfield and attack has been seriously lacking. Royle assessed this quickly and has changed things. After all its about the team performance as a whole, not just one man. The second half at Whaddon Road was encouraging.

I've got to admit, I'm no Kabba fan at the moment. He hasnt done anything to turn the fans on to him so far. That said, he comes highly recommended as a fast strong centre forward. He's done it elsewhere. Maybe we haven't seen the best of him. Maybe he needs to be the "main man". Only time will tell.

Regarding Lewis, again, he hasn't had his fair crack of the whip so far. maybe this is his opportunity.

For those who think the season has been written off, I implore you to reconsider. Things had to change. The run of form has been dreadful. If the manager feels that as part of that change, we should offload our "main striker" then so be it.

I for one support the decision, and trust the reasons behind it were solid.

6 points in the next 2 games and belive me, its back on!

thanks for that post it was a slap in the face for as i was very :ranting: before , but when reading you post the part when you wrote

made me calm down as its true we do have faith in the owners and big joe ,as they only want whats good for the club and the loyal fans :)

We have to trust Joe and TTA. They're not doing this for fun, they want Championship football and only have 7 games to do it in. If they believe that this is our best chance of doing it, I back them all the way. No one player is bigger than the club and, whilst I've been Hughesy's biggest fan (bar a few thousand others), we looked a hell of a more cohesive unit after he went off at Cheltenham.

We have to remember that Joe is a seasoned and experienced manager and has no doubt seen things within the squad that had previously been missed, probably by Shez's lack of managerial experience. I think it also shows that Joe could be setting out his stall for next season, promoted or not. We now may see the best of Kabba; he's shown glimpses of what he can do and a goal will do him the world of good.

I think he'll start at Orient with either Deano or Lewi, with whoever misses out coming on later in the game. My money's on Deano to start after Joe's comments about believing that he's better employed up front. That will make room for Fabulous Fabio on the right with Tayls on the left.

Keep the Faith in Big JR (The emoticon didn't work!)

Edited by Bristolatic