The Wire

BBC Two are showing the first series of The Wire starting tonight at 11.20.

They will show the first series at 11.20pm Monday - Friday for the next couple of weeks. Slow burner to start with but fantastic television.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00jnwnv

Edited by RoytonBlueLad

At first you will wonder what all the fuss is about, miss dialogue due to accent and slang problems, struggle to see where the story is going and want to give up.

STICK WITH IT - after 5 / 6 episodes of season 1 you will be hooked.

Not something you can dip in and out of, probably best if you can watch 2 -3 episodes back to back - what series link was made for.

Most of the papers/websites/cultural commentators I read and most of my mates have raved about The Wire for ages. So much so I built up a resistance to it, yes it may be the best telly programme ever! Yes, I am missing out by not watching it but due to it being bigged up so much I became reluctant to watch it. However I caved in last night and put it on series record so I will shortly be joining the legion of Wireettes.

Most of the papers/websites/cultural commentators I read and most of my mates have raved about The Wire for ages. So much so I built up a resistance to it, yes it may be the best telly programme ever! Yes, I am missing out by not watching it but due to it being bigged up so much I became reluctant to watch it. However I caved in last night and put it on series record so I will shortly be joining the legion of Wireettes.

My manager just wrote this in an email to me: "I've been told that 'they' like dots in annual reports."

Gave me a chuckle, like, "The Deputy likes dots".