Neutral view

What a crock of :censored:...sorry, but where were Hughes, Davies, O'Grady, Danny Jones (could say Lids, but I didn't want him here for this season) today??? Ya know...from "this squad" as you put it...if you want to have a pop at the "blue-tinted lot"...

Let's get it right eh....back in August and September WAS good enough (remember the first month?)...sadly, it was then badly mis-managed, ripped apart, loaned out all over, confidence shot and sent down a one-way route to oblivion. Your dad coming along for a meaningless, end-of-season, half-hearted attempt of a game with half the squad missing from that which was built to have a go this season...you think that opinion is worthy of proving your "blue-tinted" theory...nah...sorry but his opinion solely of today isn't worth much consideration at all as to how "this squad" should've done this season. Thanks tho eh!

Completely agree. Not only with the points about the players missing now from the early months (I notice how people have picked up on GOG out of the players named above as not contributing to other teams when on loan but are conspicuously quiet about losing the likes of Hughes and Davies) but also about the mismanagement of the squad in general, such as the underuse of the likes of Lee when we were clearly lacking in midfield at vital stages of the season. There may well be mitigating circumstances regarding Sheridan not using the likes of Lee (eg attitude etc) but for me, that's the managers jobs to sort it and get the best from his players.

It may well also be down to the fact that for the first home game in a long time Eardley wasn't abused from his first touch. I don't care how good a footballer you are, you can't possibly play well when you get the kind of treatment he's had this season home game after home game (last couple less so and imo his performances have begun to rise again). You end up fearing making mistakes and once that is in your mind then it becomes a bit of a vicious circle.

In a lot of games this season you just know the first volley of abuse is about to be unleashed as the balls passed to him and if I'm noticing it you can sure as anything know Eards knows it...

We've got a good young player there (who could earn us some money) so lets hope a bit of Joe's management and perhaps him not being the favourite boo boy might see him back on track and maturing into the Championship player that he could be.

Edited by lookers87