big clear out

after joes comments it looks like a lot of players will be leaving close season.

sheridan must be sniggering a bit by now, it looks lke it is the players who are the problem and not the manager.

:blink:

Who were brought in by the manager? (allegedly)

after joes comments it looks like a lot of players will be leaving close season.

sheridan must be sniggering a bit by now, it looks lke it is the players who are the problem and not the manager.

Well people will point to the fact he brought those players in...

But after saying that, didnt we have a budget in the bottom four ? Did we expect too much ? Was he doing a good job with a team punching above its weight ?

But after saying that, didnt we have a budget in the bottom four ? Did we expect too much ? Was he doing a good job with a team punching above its weight ?

I can't see our budget being that low, id of probably thought we would be some where in the middle when it came to that. And although the owners have said the budget will be cut next year i think that will be the case with virtually every team so im not that sure the budget being lowered will affect us that much.

how can you expect too much,when the owners and the manager are saying were going for it.

the budget at the start of the season was poor,but by january it was up there ay quite a high level

I can't see our budget being that low, id of probably thought we would be some where in the middle when it came to that. And although the owners have said the budget will be cut next year i think that will be the case with virtually every team so im not that sure the budget being lowered will affect us that much.

Well, pefect example how having a fan on the board has done little to help clarity...

I have heard the budget being describe as being as low as the bottom four and in the top ten... The budget is the budget and cant change so why is this such a unkown factor as it is ??

Edited by oafc0000

how can you expect too much,when the owners and the manager are saying were going for it.

the budget at the start of the season was poor,but by january it was up there ay quite a high level

I thought your budget was based upon the previous season ? How can it change during the season ?

Well, pefect example how having a fan on the board has done little to help clarity...

I have heard the budget being describe as being bottom low as the bottom four and in the top ten... The budget is the budget and cant change so why is this such a unkown factor as it is ??

why cant the budget change???

it has this season with even mr corney saying so.

the budget set at the start of a season is based around what money comes into the club via ticket sales and merchandise sales,as well as sponsorship deals and advertising.

the budget changes as the season progresses,if we go on a cup run we get more cash in thats not budgeted for,if we sell a player for a decent amount,and also if any players sold in previous years gets sold again and we get a clause payment.

if players leave or go out on loan then there wages are freed up giving the manager more scope to bring players in.

any budget is always flexible.

the budget set at the start of a season is based around what money comes into the club via ticket sales and merchandise sales,as well as sponsorship deals and advertising.

the budget changes as the season progresses,if we go on a cup run we get more cash in thats not budgeted for,if we sell a player for a decent amount,and also if any players sold in previous years gets sold again and we get a clause payment.

if players leave or go out on loan then there wages are freed up giving the manager more scope to bring players in.

any budget is always flexible.

So it isnt based on last season...I thought I read that it was..

Fair enough...

The budget was low at the start of the season no matter what and that shouldnt be forgotten when making judgements...

What else would they say though ? Where going to take it easy this year?

No offence to the board but I dont really rate their football calls...I draw my own conclusions of our chances...and I thought the sqaud was good enough to make the play offs... But now we are all calling the players crap...maybe we expected too much ?

Edited by oafc0000

I beleive your right. If were in with a chance next year then the tta have proven in the past they will back the manager as much as they can without being stupid. But i dont think they will allow the manager to bring in another past it player every couple of weeks like shez was allowed to.

I fully expect 7, 8 or 9 players to be shown the door in a couple of weeks time and maybe 5 or 6 coming in over the summer. A long as the quality coming in is better then i wouldn't be bothered if the sqaud is cut down by a few and having to use the younsters a bit more.

So it isnt based on last season...I thought I read that it was..

Fair enough...

The budget was low at the start of the season no matter what and that shouldnt be forgotten when making judgements...

yes it was...but when he asked for a player he got one,i dont recall anything about not being able to bring in the players he wanted due to financial constraints,the facts point to it being utilised very well as the first 7 or 8 games proved that,the team was firing well and peoples hope and optimism was at an all time high.

judgements can be made after that period as other things came into play,like not haveing regular reserve team,players becoming unfit and the manager bowing to pressure to pick players unhappy at not playing games...that cost us big time and put us on the slippery slope,as the manager seemed clueless as to how to get it back to what it was.

that is when we started wasting money on loans that were no better than our own players,the whole point of utilising the loan system is to bring in players to make a team better.

i think it is a fair to say,that we wasted a good amount of money on inferior players,and it would be interesting to see,if for example joe was here sooner if he would of been able to attract a better calibre of player and use the money more wisely.

What else would they say though ? Where going to take it easy this year?

No offence to the board but I dont really rate their football calls...I draw my own conclusions of our chances...and I thought the sqaud was good enough to make the play offs... But now we are all calling the players crap...maybe we expected too much ?

i thought the squad was more than capable of achieving a play off spot,and early doors proved that to be the case.

i think if we all start the season off with anything better than mid table is a bonus,then we wont feel bad if we dont do better,but then we would be accused of being negative and not up for it,so it really doesnt matter what you believe,no matter what it wont be right.

i'll leave that to your own conclusions..

think you'll know mine.

who wants a game of real life football manager?

I dont know yours actually... Whats your thoughts ?

Maybe Barry could clear this up...you there Mr Ghost?

Edited by oafc0000

I dont know yours actually... Whats your thoughts ?

Maybe Barry could clear this up...you there Mr Ghost?

i dont wish to appear to be funny or anything.

but barry is going through a difficult time with a very close family memeber seriously ill in hospital,and like any other like minded person,that is where he is concentrating his efforts currently,and rightly so.

i dont wish to appear to be funny or anything.

but barry is going through a difficult time with a very close family memeber seriously ill in hospital,and like any other like minded person,that is where he is concentrating his efforts currently,and rightly so.

Then I wish Barry all the best and hope that family member makes a quick recovery...

This still needs clearing up though....would be good to get an answer when he returns....

Edited by oafc0000

Then I wish Barry all the best and hope that family member makes a quick recovery...

This still needs clearing up though....would be good to get an answer when he returns....

im sure if you were to email the trust with your questions and concerns,then maybe there is someone else who would be able to help you

I do find it funny that no one knows the budget and that Shez and TTA had different ideas about the budget.

If i do have one criticisim of TTA and please feel free to shoot me down here, it is that they have always been making noises about promotion and havent really backed it up with the financial resources to guarantee it. Yes, they have allowed free transfers and the odd small fee, but if you compare that to what other rival clubs have spent, it has not been anywhere near as much. With this in mind, should they have been making such a big deal of promotion, pushing up the fans expectations and extra pressure on their managers. Now dont get me wrong, I am not having a go at them saying they should have ploughed silly money into the club, its more at what they have said the managers should achieve with the money that has been spent. IMO at the start of the season the likes of Leeds, Leicester, Peterboro, and others who have spent a lot of money would be the ones saying promotion is the aim. I would have classed us in the next band of teams who would be in the top half challenging for the playoffs. However, it is clear that all season that the fans on the whole had been saying play offs as a minimum.

It also worries me slightly that Shez might not have had a say in players brought in. Is this true?