Tommy Wright

Love him as a player, one of my all time favourites, but the sooner he's gone the better.

What does he do?

Dux takes a bit of a running routine pre-match which TW joins in with. Then the rest of the time he just strolls round watching a bunch of players with no purpose. Balls going astray left right and centre. Soft pass after soft pass. Players ambling through the notions. Lewis and Deano tapping it to eachother without a care in the world before trying to hit the bar. And, to top it all, Westlake cross after cross for Whitts to side foot into an empty net (but miss) from the 6 yard box.

Yet at the other end you've a Southend squad who barely have a moments breather going through drill after drill, exercise after excercise. It's in their mentality to get in the zone ready for the game.

No wonder we've been pedestrian like all season. Do we expect a miracle to suddenly come over the team in the space of 5 mins before kick off?

Sums the club up for me. A bunch of big time primma donnas without a care in the world. And they want 1,000 more punters to pay to watch them?

Love him or loathe him, most of the time Dowies teams had won before they stepped out on the pitch. All due to the effort and preparation they put in before hand.

E4e

STALE

Love him as a player, one of my all time favourites, but the sooner he's gone the better.

What does he do?

Dux takes a bit of a running routine pre-match which TW joins in with. Then the rest of the time he just strolls round watching a bunch of players with no purpose. Balls going astray left right and centre. Soft pass after soft pass. Players ambling through the notions. Lewis and Deano tapping it to eachother without a care in the world before trying to hit the bar. And, to top it all, Westlake cross after cross for Whitts to side foot into an empty net (but miss) from the 6 yard box.

Yet at the other end you've a Southend squad who barely have a moments breather going through drill after drill, exercise after excercise. It's in their mentality to get in the zone ready for the game.

No wonder we've been pedestrian like all season. Do we expect a miracle to suddenly come over the team in the space of 5 mins before kick off?

Sums the club up for me. A bunch of big time primma donnas without a care in the world. And they want 1,000 more punters to pay to watch them?

Love him or loathe him, most of the time Dowies teams had won before they stepped out on the pitch. All due to the effort and preparation they put in before hand.

E4e

STALE

I think much of the problem since Joe's return is that half of the players will already be aware of not being here next season and it looks like the majority of them couldn't care less!!

With the transfer window shut, Joe had no choice but to go with this squad and I think he realised pretty quickly that many of them just aren't good enough.

One thing I don't understand is players not performing when the majority will be looking for a new club next season.

Perhaps that is a sign of their general attitude and the real reason we are in such a mess!!!

If Joe sign's the contract I reckon we could have the biggest movement of players we've ever had at the club and if that happens a promotion campaign next season might be a bridge too far!!

Something else I'd question.

Well, yes, I realise there isn't much evidence of that in terms of performances... :grin:

re Tommy, so much of what the assistant manager and coaches do is behind closed doors that I really wouldn't want to judge. However, Joe has had time to, and as soon as an agreement is finalised as to whether he's staying I'm sure we'll find out what he thinks of Tommy, Dux and co.

And of course if someone else comes in he'll have his own ideas on who he wants.

Either way, I doubt Tommy will be assistant manager next season.

Edited by garcon

Something else I'd question.

E4e

BELVU

it has been questioned a couple of weeks ago,hence we got a interview with joe stating things are now going to be different in training,and tommy and co seem to be willing to adjust to it,as are the players.

those that want to be here will train hard and show interest and promise,those that dont wont give a :censored:,as they know there in a job until the summer with money,then they have this inane notion that another club will want them.

it has been questioned a couple of weeks ago,hence we got a interview with joe stating things are now going to be different in training,and tommy and co seem to be willing to adjust to it,as are the players.

those that want to be here will train hard and show interest and promise,those that dont wont give a :censored:,as they know there in a job until the summer with money,then they have this inane notion that another club will want them.

I've no idea what goes on in training. All I see are a couple of hours every other week. I wanna see a disciplined and structured Dowie esque pre-match routine to get the team, and fans, in the correct frame of mind for the game. The pre-match uninspiring jog and kickabout has preceded a dour 90 mins of the same throughout the season.

E4e

SOHRD