Well chuffed for Joe

Obviously, a disappointing season, but for Joe to finish on a win, and for the fans who dressed up and made the journey, it was a worthy win.

Joe, you will always be a Latics Legend.

Thanks for the good times.

Obviously, a disappointing season, but for Joe to finish on a win, and for the fans who dressed up and made the journey, it was a worthy win.

well said thanks joe for the good times

he is my hero and always will be...when im down i just pop on a video of the dream years and i feel great again...thanks joe for everything you have done for our club....bye

and thanks for stepping in and beginning a process which, with hindsight, was badly required. top ending for him aswell, decent band of crazy fans singing his name, probably pretty mint for penney to see too. shame on those who have travelled and not attended, more shame on me for not even travelling :jailed:

as has been said Joe wanted to stay but the budget was too low. I've heard via a friend of my brother who knows someone within latics (yes one of these again but true) asked for a bigger budget and refused. offered to forgoe his salary to add to it but even then it still would have been faling short of what Joe wanted initially.

I'm sure it was all agreed amicably as that is the bloke Joe is. On reflection, even hearing this i still feel it better for the long term for him to go and for a younger guy to come in; wouldve hated for him to screw up and he wouldve only had 2-3 years on his side anyway as he is 60 and all the stress that goes with it. Fully understand the budget constraints as well - im sure they wouldve loved it to have worked better budget wise but there is a limit to how far TTA are willing to push things and i respect that.

Thanks Joe, interesting times ahead................