Just been speaking to Big Joe

Partly agree, but all season we haven't defended from the front and our retention of the ball in the final third has been woeful especially with the lack of effort we have seen from many of our strikers. Penney's first signing imo should be a big bugger who can hold the ball up, allowing others to get in there. Abbott will do that to a certain extent but I would like us to have an all out bruiser in the mould of someone like Fortune-West. Such a player could have been vital to our chances this year and I'm sure we would not have drawn as many home games with the option of a late battering ram. look at the impact Savage has had at Tranmere, not many goals in him but hecan be so effective. Who would I bring in? Jason Price please.

Good shout that. Didn't Penney have Price at Doncaster when he was there?

Also I dont think any of our central midfielders are good enough for a side wanting promotion.

Edited by Butter

Not too sure, Rugby pay well to use the pitch!

there not playing on it again so i have heard,they have struck a deal to play the rest of this season elsewhere whilst tta's sort the pitch out again...then i do believe that something is happening with the site at chadderton fc on broadway,and they will be playing from there,not too sure on the timescale though.

there not playing on it again so i have heard,they have struck a deal to play the rest of this season elsewhere whilst tta's sort the pitch out again...then i do believe that something is happening with the site at chadderton fc on broadway,and they will be playing from there,not too sure on the timescale though.

They won't be playing at Chadderton FC, theres talks going on to use it as a training base and somewhere for the reserves to play their games, it's not suitable to hold anything other than that and can't be devolped since it's public property. As for not playing on it again this season, they always leave BP during the summer while the pitch is relaid then come back for the final two months of the season.

Just been for a curry at the new indian restaurant in chadderton called Indish which opened tonight, and sat down only to see Big Joe on the next table with Alan Hardy and some family members, so after the meal the waiter asked if we wanted to have a picture with him for the website, and i have to say wha a nice bloke, was speaking to him a good 5 mins and he was very open and upfront bout things, he mentioned that he is gutted to be leaving but it is the right decision, that he has sorted the club out in many ways and kind of got things to normality, when asked about lee hughes, he said not sayin anything but i knew within 2 days that he wasnt right for the club, also said he highly rates Kieran Lee and that he never gives ball away just says his fitness is a problem at min said brook is best finisher at the club and he has a better finish than hughes, he said he doesnt think maher will be here next year, that gregan is good player but doesnt think the new manager fancies him same with kieran lee as he likes big bruisers, he thinks jones is good but thick lol doesnt take things on board, stephens is great but fitness again is issue with no reserves this year, said Hazell was playin well but cost us few goals as of late, so basically said the fitness has suffered due to reserves and also rugby fuked up the pitch and wont be playin next year.

he also mentioned the walsall game said that the fans were superb and that he loved some of the costume, he said they were discussin the Rubix Cube over the meal lol and said he will be here alot next season to watch them. think i have covered everythin lol.

well the greegs part came true