Just been speaking to Big Joe

Just been for a curry at the new indian restaurant in chadderton called Indish which opened tonight, and sat down only to see Big Joe on the next table with Alan Hardy and some family members, so after the meal the waiter asked if we wanted to have a picture with him for the website, and i have to say wha a nice bloke, was speaking to him a good 5 mins and he was very open and upfront bout things, he mentioned that he is gutted to be leaving but it is the right decision, that he has sorted the club out in many ways and kind of got things to normality, when asked about lee hughes, he said not sayin anything but i knew within 2 days that he wasnt right for the club, also said he highly rates Kieran Lee and that he never gives ball away just says his fitness is a problem at min said brook is best finisher at the club and he has a better finish than hughes, he said he doesnt think maher will be here next year, that gregan is good player but doesnt think the new manager fancies him same with kieran lee as he likes big bruisers, he thinks jones is good but thick lol doesnt take things on board, stephens is great but fitness again is issue with no reserves this year, said Hazell was playin well but cost us few goals as of late, so basically said the fitness has suffered due to reserves and also rugby fuked up the pitch and wont be playin next year.

he also mentioned the walsall game said that the fans were superb and that he loved some of the costume, he said they were discussin the Rubix Cube over the meal lol and said he will be here alot next season to watch them. think i have covered everythin lol.

I knew it....... Mad Mike's rubic's cube costume is famous......and I believe its gone AWOL...we could have sold it to raise funds for charity....maybe its being held for ransom after being on TV (The championship)...

The crowd were great and got behind the lads and they put the effort in that we all hoped was still there.

Hope Joe liked the Indian....glad he will attend the games when he can...and very interesting interview he gave you too...well done!!!!!!

He's entitled to his opinion. No matter how ridiculous.

:grin:

I don't doubt I have given my share of ridculous opinions in my time.

Not sure the entry on this post is particularly in the spirit of owtb or deliberate humour though.

Nuff said on my part though. Nighty night.

See, this is why I love this club. You don't read about anyone having a pint and a pie with Sir Alex.

Please God don't let Penny get rid of Lee...

please get rid off gregan and show some ambition of moving this club forward

hope we dont just have a team full of bruisers tho but if we do make sure we have to strikers like scunthorpe, there movemant and quick feet with the ball are a delight to watch

I think the new manager knows on many occasions in the past Latics haven't matched up to some of the more physically stronger teams in this division, and will address this by adding some players who will not be intimidated by the opposition.

I am also sure he will try to find the right balance, which is the important thing.

Edited by BP1960

to slow now leeds shown ambition years ago by getting rid off him, im not a gregan HATE fan but move on now

Is that the same Leeds who nearly got into the Premiership with Gregan as captain before binning him and getting relegated?

Is that the same Leeds who nearly got into the Premiership with Gregan as captain before binning him and getting relegated?

yeah the same gregan that could run a few years ago...

NEARLY??? right lets keep him because he nearly got leeds in the prem :unsure:

lol my thoughts exactly

i think now should be a time of reflection of the season just passed,its done and dusted now and we cant change what has happened,but we can change things for next season.

there should be no sentiment invloved with who stays and who leaves...it should be done on application,ability,desire,hunger,and skill,with a willingness to listen and take on board comments instructions and critiscisms in equal amounts.

we have scored 66 goals...but conceded 65!!! that alone should tell you how poor our defence has been this season.

we have scored 66 goals...but conceded 65!!! that alone should tell you how poor our defence has been this season.

Looking more closely at the number reveals that at home we have only conceded 24 goals which is up their with the best in the league...

Its been away from home where we have leaked goals and I would not say they are all down to the defence either... The ability of the midfield to retain possession and keep pressure off the defence has been a major factor during the whole season...

Looking more closely at the number reveals that at home we have only conceded 24 goals which is up their with the best in the league...

Its been away from home where we have leaked goals and I would not say they are all down to the defence either... The ability of the midfield to retain possession and keep pressure off the defence has been a major factor during the whole season...

You coudl also put a case for the fact that away from home we have not coped with thre pressure.

We have sat back and buckled under the pressure of home fans, being under the cosh defensively or both.

The ability of the midfield to retain possession

Everything hinges on this.

Alessandra as a link man to Hughes helped, but there must be more that players such as Allott, Whitaker and Maher could have given us.

I rate all 3, but somewhere along the way it fell apart.

I think the Stockport game in October was an eye-opener on how poor our midfield was defensively

Partly agree, but all season we haven't defended from the front and our retention of the ball in the final third has been woeful especially with the lack of effort we have seen from many of our strikers. Penney's first signing imo should be a big bugger who can hold the ball up, allowing others to get in there. Abbott will do that to a certain extent but I would like us to have an all out bruiser in the mould of someone like Fortune-West. Such a player could have been vital to our chances this year and I'm sure we would not have drawn as many home games with the option of a late battering ram. look at the impact Savage has had at Tranmere, not many goals in him but hecan be so effective. Who would I bring in? Jason Price please.