tomorrows golf day

Tomorrow see's the annual Latics golf day at Manchester golf club. :bblue2::banana3::dance:

Just wondering if anyone from here is playing in it?

Always a good day (even if there are some suspect longest drives and nearest the pin every year), at least Bob Gorrill isnt there this year to accuse my team of cheating. That cheeky git was lucky he didnt get snotted by someone last year <_<

Just hope this weather clears up before tomorrow, dont want my white shoes getting dirty. :pray:

What an absolute quality day.

Weather was perfect, it was funny sitting down for the meal and looking round a room at a load of bright red faces where everyone got sunburnt. :grin:

The closest to the pin was a very good shot, i thought i was having it but it just dropped short, the winner was about 8 inches from the hole. The longest drive winner was one that Tigers woods himself would have been proud of.

Everyone seemed to enjoy the day and the course was fantastic.

Well done to all the organisers. :applause1::imnotworthy::applause1:

What an absolute quality day.

Weather was perfect, it was funny sitting down for the meal and looking round a room at a load of bright red faces where everyone got sunburnt. :grin:

The closest to the pin was a very good shot, i thought i was having it but it just dropped short, the winner was about 8 inches from the hole. The longest drive winner was one that Tigers woods himself would have been proud of.

Everyone seemed to enjoy the day and the course was fantastic.

Well done to all the organisers. :applause1::imnotworthy::applause1:

I am playing golf this afternoon, but I will make sure that I take a bottle of high SPF sun protection with me :wink:

Sunbrun is not funny :ranting:

Your right though, get the SPF50 on today, a crispy napper is not something to laugh about.

Clouds are rolling in now, just in time to wazz it down at 12.45 when I'm on the first tee. Fecking typical!

Wish I'd put a team in yesterday, but we had a couple of 'organisor' issues a few years ago on a couple of the Latics days, and the lads are reluctant to do it again. I need to talk them into it for the next one. Who organises it now?

"organiser issues". Was that anything to do with Mr Gorrill by any chance?

It is now organised by Mike Platt and he did a fantastic job yesterday. I can honestly say that this years golf day put previous ones to shame.

You should deffinately get a team in for next year.

Clouds are rolling in now, just in time to wazz it down at 12.45 when I'm on the first tee. Fecking typical!

Wish I'd put a team in yesterday, but we had a couple of 'organisor' issues a few years ago on a couple of the Latics days, and the lads are reluctant to do it again. I need to talk them into it for the next one. Who organises it now?

Shame Ians backs bad or he could of showed you a thing or 2 :wink:

"organiser issues". Was that anything to do with Mr Gorrill by any chance?

It is now organised by Mike Platt and he did a fantastic job yesterday. I can honestly say that this years golf day put previous ones to shame.

You should deffinately get a team in for next year.

When Alan H (And others) started the events it was a brilliant day which we all looked forward to. When Bob took over it was too much about wringing every last copper out of you and bollocks to whether you enjoyed it or not. There was one particularly badly organised event at Ashton GC which made us think twice about entering again, and then it got gradually worse.

Glad it's back to its best - I'll speak to the boys about the next one.