I Love You, Man

Not been able to see many films of late thanks to my skintness... but I saw this yesterday.

It's a decent comedy that plays well on the stereotypes of the rom-com but in a best-friends kind of way. I'm a big fan of Paul Rudd, but he's falling into the trap all comedy actors do of playing the same role over and over.

It also comes across as though it was writen for Steve Carrell and that Rudd has stepped in, as there are sections which seem to have been lifted directly from the Office USA.

A decent laugh if you have nothing better to see (Star Trek).

6/10

Not been able to see many films of late thanks to my skintness... but I saw this yesterday.

It's a decent comedy that plays well on the stereotypes of the rom-com but in a best-friends kind of way. I'm a big fan of Paul Rudd, but he's falling into the trap all comedy actors do of playing the same role over and over.

It also comes across as though it was writen for Steve Carrell and that Rudd has stepped in, as there are sections which seem to have been lifted directly from the Office USA.

6/10

I did really enjoy it... however it is an average script, leveraged by a great performances from the two central characters, the brilliant Poker scene, and Lou Ferrigno....

and the fact that Paul Rudd's wife is absolutely smokin. :)

I think Rudd is a far better actor than he is given credit for... I think a massive role is beconing and he seems to be top of the comedy tree.... however if you want to see the two actors in better films, watch Role Models and Forgetting Sarah Marshall - both of which are a cut above I Love You, Man.

I did really enjoy it... however it is an average script, leveraged by a great performances from the two central characters, the brilliant Poker scene, and Lou Ferrigno....

and the fact that Paul Rudd's wife is absolutely smokin. :)

I think Rudd is a far better actor than he is given credit for... I think a massive role is beconing and he seems to be top of the comedy tree.... however if you want to see the two actors in better films, watch Role Models and Forgetting Sarah Marshall - both of which are a cut above I Love You, Man.

Average script is the best description I can think of now you say it.

I like Rudd too - but I fear he is falling into the "successful US (north American) comedian" trap (see: Steve Martin, Eddie Murphy, Mike Myers, Will Farrell... I could go on and on) of playing the same :censored: over and over.

In reference to his onscreen wife, I had no idea who she was. But she was so hot I wanted to cry. :lol:

Role Models is also an average script for my money, but with better potential which is wasted. The second guy who's name escapes me is on telly in "how I met your mother" and is fantastic in that. A great concept for a show which is well done (if you excuse the cheesy voice over).

6/10

I LOVE the Office (USA)!!! But my love for it is probably due to the fact I work in that kind of environment... :grin: