Buying Season Tickets

Not 'bought' a season ticket before. Had a deal with my dad, he has bought both our season tickets upto press. When I was a kid and at uni it was a birthday present, and since then he has continued to do it but we agreed that when he retired I would take over buying both tickets (a deal I hope I lose a lot of money on).

Anyway I don't live locally anymore and looking to buy online. But as far as I can tell this will be subject to a £6 booking fee per ticket plus another 2% as I am paying by card (and there is no other way to pay online). Also I have to set up 2 accounts - one for each ticket I want to renew.

Is this correct? I would be paying another £25 on top of the cost - seems a bit poor.

If it is correct - what are my alternatives?

Can I renew over the phone? If so can I pay with a card then?

Help appreciated.

Not 'bought' a season ticket before. Had a deal with my dad, he has bought both our season tickets upto press. When I was a kid and at uni it was a birthday present, and since then he has continued to do it but we agreed that when he retired I would take over buying both tickets (a deal I hope I lose a lot of money on).

Anyway I don't live locally anymore and looking to buy online. But as far as I can tell this will be subject to a £6 booking fee per ticket plus another 2% as I am paying by card (and there is no other way to pay online). Also I have to set up 2 accounts - one for each ticket I want to renew.

Is this correct? I would be paying another £25 on top of the cost - seems a bit poor.

If it is correct - what are my alternatives?

Can I renew over the phone? If so can I pay with a card then?

Help appreciated.

Its not £6 each plus 2%, it worked out about £9 for me ordering two season tickets. Also once you log in to purchase your ticket, it gives you two options to either activate an existing account or a new account. Click existing account even if you've never applied for online ticketing before. This takes you to the next screen asking for your cliebt Reference number, this is found on your existing season ticket book inside slip. It will ask you if you want to purchase for another member, tick this box and again it will ask for their client reference number and then these two are purchased together. Is that clear or not brother?

EDIT: That was opting to collect books myself, I think there is a postage charge also

Edited by Lags

Its not £6 each plus 2%, it worked out about £9 for me ordering two season tickets. Also once you log in to purchase your ticket, it gives you two options to either activate an existing account or a new account. Click existing account even if you've never applied for online ticketing before. This takes you to the next screen asking for your cliebt Reference number, this is found on your existing season ticket book inside slip. It will ask you if you want to purchase for another member, tick this box and again it will ask for their client reference number and then these two are purchased together. Is that clear or not brother?

EDIT: That was opting to collect books myself, I think there is a postage charge also

Think it makes sense - will try it. Not too bad if its only per transaction and I can add both tickets - especially as with the 'points' earnerd on the credit card will offset some of the cost Will get the tickets collected by my Dad.

Thanks for the response.

Add an extra 6 Quid or so if you want them delivered :huh:

...it worked out about £9 for me ordering two season tickets

Did this include a concessionary ticket?

2 tickets in the Chaddy is £656. Therefore 2% is £13.12 even with collection as the option.

Anyway - will order today with collection as the option.

Add an extra 6 Quid or so if you want them delivered :huh:

Won't bother - but I presume this must be a courier / insured delivery for this cost? Not just stuck in an envelope with a 2nd class stamp slapped on.

Did this include a concessionary ticket?

2 tickets in the Chaddy is £656. Therefore 2% is £13.12 even with collection as the option.

Anyway - will order today with collection as the option.

Aye the old man is an OAP.

Mine misses out this year by the virtue of about 4 weeks. Next year though....

I wonder if it would have worked out cost effective to pay on the door a few matches and then purchased an OAP ST ticket!!

I wonder if it would have worked out cost effective to pay on the door a few matches and then purchased an OAP ST ticket!!

Cut-off date for an OAP is Dec 31st. Dad born slightly after this.

Quick check of previous fixtures indicates that approx 13 games before he would qualify - which would mean £260 on the door (£234 if always bought in advance - but that is a faff). Unlikely that a OAP 1/2 ST (even if they are available) would be less than £100.

Good idea - but don't think it will work out.

Cut-off date for an OAP is Dec 31st. Dad born slightly after this.

Quick check of previous fixtures indicates that approx 13 games before he would qualify - which would mean £260 on the door (£234 if always bought in advance - but that is a faff). Unlikely that a OAP 1/2 ST (even if they are available) would be less than £100.

Good idea - but don't think it will work out.

1/2 season tickets tend to be pro rota. so should be £79.50. Anyway, like you say 2010/20011 season it's game on. Just in time for the hike in Championship prices!

1/2 season tickets tend to be pro rota. so should be £79.50. Anyway, like you say 2010/20011 season it's game on. Just in time for the hike in Championship prices!

My plan is to win the cross bar challenge next year - then I won't worry about the price of season tickets for a few years :grin:

My plan is to win the cross bar challenge next year - then I won't worry about the price of season tickets for a few years :grin:

They may as well run it again cos absolutely no one remotely looked like doing it. Well apart from the one bounce man. They even started to allow the takers to move up the pitch to just outside the centre circle.