O'Grady given a second chance

Tonight's rarely wrong Chron reports that Penney wipes clean O'Grady's slate.

DP:

“For whatever reason Chris lost his way last season when he went out on loan to three clubs. He will report back with everyone else with a clean slate and with the chance to make a fresh start. I have spoken to him and he is young and appears hungry and wanting to do well. It is up to him to fight for a place.”

CO’G:

“I don’t think it could get any worse than that,”

http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-fea...ign-worthington

All being well, with the help of the new regime, he will be like a new signing.

He actually looked pretty decent on the wing last season. Not a striker, but he's got a bit of pace and can hold the ball up. Played a key part in our last minute winner against Walsall at home. Looked really good against Dale in the Carling Cup.

Stockport fans think he's crap. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. I'm very sceptical but he's got a fresh start now.

Our current front line:

Alessandra

O'Grady

Wolfenden

Brooke

Hopefully we can add Abbott and Graham to that.

He actually looked pretty decent on the wing last season. Not a striker, but he's got a bit of pace and can hold the ball up. Played a key part in our last minute winner against Walsall at home. Looked really good against Dale in the Carling Cup.

Stockport fans think he's crap. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. I'm very sceptical but he's got a fresh start now.

Our current front line:

Alessandra

O'Grady

Wolfenden

Brooke

Hopefully we can add Abbott and Graham to that.

Graham, now i'd like that!

Graham, now i'd like that!

Where has this Danny Graham info come from, i know he is out of contract but surely he would demand a fee due to his age?

I always thought he was destined for the championship?

Where has this Danny Graham info come from, i know he is out of contract but surely he would demand a fee due to his age?

I always thought he was destined for the championship?

My wishful thinking.

Would probably command a fee of around 250k. But I doubt he'll end up in The Championship just yet, he's not done anything spectacular, two 16 goals seasons. It's thought that Huddersfield would be his likely destination, with them interested in January, possibly Leeds now too seeing how Beckford is going. But if we could get the compensation money from somewhere I think we'd be in with a shout, definitely. He'll move up in the division but I'd be surprised if a Championship club take a punt on him.

I'd love it if we got him though. I've been whittling on about it for ages, the tall target man we need. Carlisle fans say "lazy", etc etc, but that's because he won't sign a new deal with Carlisle. He's like Porter, (maybe in personality too), a big, young, striker who gets goals. For 250k. he'd be a steal, he'd get 20 goals in the right team this season.

Edited by Bring Back Pukka Pies

We wont be signing Graham. Hudds are front runners. And they have cash - we dont.

Billy Clarke maybe

Abbott is a good shout.

IF no-one takes Liam Dickinson, I'd like to see us have a go at getting him on loan. He's a local lad and obviously not catching at Derby.