10k a week budget

How is Dean gettin slated for this post?

Just looked through an earlier thread and seen that Roger Wylde actually asked him to name which 9 players he would like to sign on a 10k a week budget.

We dont know if the figures he has used are correct but surely he can speculate. Isn't that what this board is supposed to be for?

i dont think people are saying he cant speculate or give a view of some form about budget players...

the problem is every time the club announce something be it a striker a defender a general player of something else,he jumps down the clubs throat stating how :censored: it is,how :censored: the players are,how :censored: in general and that roll on 2010/11 cos this seaosn..yup were gonna be :censored:.

having not seen the new players play consistantly yet,i dont see how anybody can form an opinion off maybe 1 match,that is what people are getting on his back for.

maybe if a more structured assessment of wages was used and a more realistic view of what wages people are on then he would be fine....

nobody knows what budget we have or which players were going to sign..everybody can have a say on it and try to second guess...but be honest,who would of gone for jacobsen on tuesday morning as a signing????...probably nobody.

Well done dean at least you answered the question and I don't understand why you are getting slaughtered on here.

However I do believe your answer proves the point that most people have been trying to make in your dismay at some of our signings:

Brill - keeper for a team relegated from league 2

trotman - unproven above league 1

furman - unproven above league 2

billy clarke - unproven above league 2

breckin and heffernan - good calls

and I think brill, furman and clarke maybe the 3 to sign this week (or whenever)

but the point is none of these signings and any DP is going to make is going to have us dancing in the stands at the start of the season - we just have to accept (once again) that it's rebuild time and back the team and the manager. There have been some grim times at Boundary Park in the last 35 odd years I've been supporting Latics but I don't believe this is one of them.

As you say it's all about opinions and at least you've had the cajones to answer the question.