10k a week budget

gk dean brill- £1000

lb- we have jacobson i reck about £700

cb- ian breckin- £1500

cb- trotman on a season long loan 50% wage contribution is realistic of about £1250 i say

rw- purdie already in- about £800 max

cm- worthington is on about £1000 i would think

cm- furman0 £900 per week

st- billy clarke- £1000

st- goalscorer penney may temp heffernan as hes a sub at donny, worked with him at donny- persuade them to release him give him a good £1800 a week

There you go total weekly wage of £9950 and they are realistic offers dont you think for players that would be decent

add a couple of loans where the respective club pay majority of wage not bad

gk dean brill- £1000

cb- ian breckin- £1500

cb- trotman on a season long loan 50% wage contribution is realistic of about £1250 i say

st- billy clarke- £1000

st- goalscorer penney may temp heffernan as hes a sub at donny, worked with him at donny- persuade them to release him give him a good £1800 a week

There you go total weekly wage of £9950 and they are realistic offers dont you think for players that would be decent

i think guessing this is pointless and some of these players arent ours. it is uneducated

gk dean brill- £1000

cb- ian breckin- £1500

st- billy clarke- £1000

Wishful thinking..... I reckon you're miles out with some of those salaries!!!!

its just a non argument dean and completely pointless this

when the squad is in place that is the time to start speculating on wages

i was merely putting together a realistic team on a 10k budget as an example as someone wanted me to do

Ian Breckin, 33 year old defender who hardly ripped up any trees (pardon the pun) in this division with Forest a couple of seasons back. They often complained about his lack of pace and mistakes. So you want to replace Gregan with a player who has the same shortcomings in the pace department but offers far less quality. He would probably want a decent pay check as well having been at Forest for the last few years. Most of the players you have mentioned there are players that we are being strongly linked with and yet you are having a go at penney, you make NO sense.

gk dean brill- £1000

cb- ian breckin- £1500

st- billy clarke- £1000

You are an absolute *****.

To be fair, while we have no players & everyone is bored to death, so he has thrown some numbers about what's the big deal?

Maybe you keyboard warriors should get off his back

Well if he can prove the numbers he puts forward have foundation rather than guesswork then that would strengthen his arguement.

Well if he can prove the numbers he puts forward have foundation rather than guesswork then that would strengthen his arguement.

Maybe so but let's be honest only the TTA have the numbers, that's the way it will always be.

Just don't see the point of him being slaughtered for this and called a ham shanker for this.

Maybe so but let's be honest only the TTA have the numbers, that's the way it will always be.

Just don't see the point of him being slaughtered for this and called a ham shanker for this.

Well he is entitled to his opinion but he has made an opinion on a player he has not seen play in a Latics shirt yet you can't post an opinion on this message board about someone and not expect to be challenged its how it works on here. Granted knowowne deserves personal abuse because every poster on this site wants Oldham Athletic to be a success (we lose sight of this sometimes). He hasn't seen Joe Jacobsen play yet and neither have I. If after a number of games he proves to be guff then fair enough but he hasn't seen this guy play yet lets just see how he does.

Probably deserves it for listening to Paddy too much ;) The one thing I have learnt over the years of transfer speculation is that nearly all of them will be ones you never thought of, and in many cases never heard of. If they are good enough for you to think/know more than a bit about them, you usually can't afford them. Recent exceptions I would class as Lids (a genuine WOW signing for me at the time, and I will never forget the memory of BigFinn having a pocket wank at the news), Hughes, Ricketts and Gregan.

To be fair, while we have no players & everyone is bored to death, so he has thrown some numbers about what's the big deal?

Maybe you keyboard warriors should get off his back

keyboard warrior? I'm happy to chat with dean about this over a pint. I've met plenty of people off this board and not shy to give my opinion.

Its his negativity that i detest.

i started a comment but deleted it...........this thread just sums up the current mindset of alot of oldham fans.

dont know the facts but still form what they think is a educated opinion.

no nothing about this league, the players in it, the wage they make and nothing about the game itself

no offence dean you are in a long line ..............but its bollox

:ranting:

gk dean brill- £1000

cb- ian breckin- £1500

cm- furman £900 per week

st- billy clarke- £1000

Sorry, but's let's go to the start. I think he's seriously wrong on only one of these (Breckin). The others he's round and about correct. The only question is, is this a decent side?

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I don't give a :censored:. I'll be :censored:faced. Be it Brentford, Charlton, Norwich or Stockport. Priorities is what it is about, and mine is being wankered. Is that wrong?

NB. I don't care.

i was merely putting together a realistic team on a 10k budget as an example as someone wanted me to do

Paddy, let it go mate - you're in too deep :wink:

I admire your passion for the club, and I know you don't want it to sink any further and wish nothing but the best for it. But let somebody who is paid to do the job worry about the budget and transfers, and transforming those into results. As a supporter our is a tale of anguish granted, but one can only go so far with it before other things in life take priority....

its not just this thread or post , its every topic he starts or comments on is usually negative or bullsh*t

Probably deserves it for listening to Paddy too much ;) The one thing I have learnt over the years of transfer speculation is that nearly all of them will be ones you never thought of, and in many cases never heard of. If they are good enough for you to think/know more than a bit about them, you usually can't afford them.

Exactly. I'd highly doubt if more than 1 of the players mentioned on here is in our starting line up come August... they will all be curveballs that we didnt expect. I dont think the OP is too far off in budget - except for those where you know there will be competition for... my anticipation is that people such as Clarke and Furman will be massively more expensive than that - I'd assume they may have been the players we were 'certain' of signing at the start of the week, but as soon as that goes out the agents make a few more phone calls and a bidding war starts.... and we are back to square 1.

TBH - it wouldnt surprise me if we get some massive, massive surprises this season... such as this guy from Australia or other foreigners. To get value DP has to find people that wont lead to a bidding war, and that could lead him even further afield...

Recent exceptions I would class as Lids (a genuine WOW signing for me at the time, and I will never forget the memory of BigFinn having a pocket wank at the news), Hughes, Ricketts and Gregan.

:blink::lol:

Liddell? I believe Lidds was signed in 2006 - therefore pre-owtb, therefore you didnt have the great pleasure of knowing me. So unless you were already stalking me (a possibility) you could not possibly have known that info.

How is Dean gettin slated for this post?

Just looked through an earlier thread and seen that Roger Wylde actually asked him to name which 9 players he would like to sign on a 10k a week budget.

We dont know if the figures he has used are correct but surely he can speculate. Isn't that what this board is supposed to be for?