Mathew Tipton to play against us tonight

Psycho!! Psycho!! Psycho!! Now sells personal injury insurance, fair play to him if he can get another contract in professional football.

For those with shorter memories, he was a right softarse when he first came into the team, then after being dropped and in and out of the team, he came back with a shaved head and somehow managed to reinvent inself as a complete and total nutcase. I like Tipton mk2's attitude and although it was probably just a front, I thought he surely could have carved a career out in the lower leagues.

Edited by slurms mckenzie

i just might go tonight now for a laugh!

Hilarious, lets go down and mock someone for having another go at trying his hand at the pro game. Last time I saw Tipton he looked slim and trim, I also knocked his off stump out. Poor on his front foot is Tipton.

what sticks in my head about Tipton is when we played Stoke away on a tuesday night and he missed a glorious chance to put us 1 up (late in the game aswell) we drew 0-0 which was a great result anyway, but it should have been 3 points at the Britannia. It was the game David Miskelly broke his arm.

I remember once meeting Tipton and Mark Innes (remember him?) in Scruples (oh the shame :shy: ) when I was 17. After having a few drink and a giggle and talking everything Latics with them both, a row broke out beteen my mate and Tipton. Turns out Tipton was tying it on with his girlfriend. As you can imagine, Tipton bricked it when he was offered out and was full of apologies, claiming he didn't know (yeah right, she was sat with us all night). Even with his shaved head, he was still a soft arse! I always liked him as a footballer the though, I used to think it would strike fear in other fans minds when they read in their programme that he was the Welsh Micheal Owen :laught30: .

Good luck to him, hope he gets himself sorted out in league football again, so long as he survives Gregan trying to eat him tonight of course.

Last time I saw Tipton he looked slim and trim, I also knocked his off stump out. Poor on his front foot is Tipton.

:lol:

To be fair, I understand he was on the road back from injury when I saw him. Rumour has it his commitment wasn't always the best, hence the fall from the professional ranks (but we all know what rumours are like). Seen him a couple of times in non-league and there's no doubting his ability is above that level.

:lol:

To be fair, I understand he was on the road back from injury when I saw him. Rumour has it his commitment wasn't always the best[/size], hence the fall from the professional ranks (but we all know what rumours are like). Seen him a couple of times in non-league and there's no doubting his ability is above that level.

Hence the reason I used to see him Scruples nightclub on Thursday nights!!!