Roughyeds in Crisis

they sacked one of their better players not long ago, Rob Roberts?

Yeah, though its not been established yet (i think) who sacked him, as it was thought Quinn did but he then came out and said he had nothing to do with it. It was for disciplianry reasons i think.

Yeah, though its not been established yet (i think) who sacked him, as it was thought Quinn did but he then came out and said he had nothing to do with it. It was for disciplianry reasons i think.

I think it's about time they packed Oldham rugby in. All the current set up is doing is tarnish the once half decent name the club had. It's gut wrenching. Maybe one day somebody with some serious cash and serious business acumen can come in.

As someone from Oldham, who grew up on the walls at 'sheddings and used to follow them home and away, I'm not even ashamed to say I don't watch them now and very rarely check their results.

When you look at the amount of talent that is still produced from the area (Kyle Eastmond being the latest) it's an aboslute sacrilege we can't support a Super League club.

Edited by OAFCMIKE

I think it's about time they packed Oldham rugby in. All the current set up is doing is tarnish the once half decent name the club had. It's gut wrenching. Maybe one day somebody with some serious cash and serious business acumen can come in.

As someone from Oldham, who grew up on the walls at 'sheddings and used to follow them home and away, I'm not even ashamed to say I don't watch them now and very rarely check their results.

When you look at the amount of talent that is still produced from the area (Kyle Eastmond being the latest) it's an aboslute sacrilege we can't support a Super League club.

Dont know about packing them in but i agree the sooner they can get someone in to pump some cash into the club, and who wont do what it appears this current set up is doing, the better. I can see that as the only way for the club to move forward and would be the only way to get into the championship and then present a strong enough proposal to get a super league license. It is a shame as you say that we cant support a super league club considering the amount of players that have been produced from the area i.e. the Sculthorpes, Sinfield, Deacon, McDermott and now this Eastmond that spring to mind, it shows there is still talent being produced. Its a shame considering the history of the club as it has been more successful in their game than latics have been in theirs and i think, though not sure, was considered one of the bigger clubs in the game. Ive only just started going myself, helps alot that i live near boundary park to turn my fleeting interest to something im more willing to attend more regular, though i think il follow them a lot more once im driving. Bought my first shirt the other week too :D

Love watching the Roughyeds....proper day out and for me it's more enjoyable than watching Latics.

Just like lower division football, lower division rugby league is suffering massively....looks like Bill Quinn has got sick of pumping money in...

A little naive I think to say they should pull the plug.

How would you feel if Latics we're struggling in lower leagues and financially suffering, and someone simply decided to stuff it and get rid?

Just because it is a different and less supported sport, doesnt mean fans dont love their club as much as we do Latics.

A little naive I think to say they should pull the plug.

How would you feel if Latics we're struggling in lower leagues and financially suffering, and someone simply decided to stuff it and get rid?

Just because it is a different and less supported sport, doesnt mean fans dont love their club as much as we do Latics.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2009/jul/2...g-investigation

Bill Quinn - what does everyone make of this man ? He's pumped a lot of money into the club, no doubt - but his ramblings recently, in which he appears to try to blame everyone from Matthew Chambers to Chris Hamilton to the fans, come across as very strange. He seems like someone who's simply had enough - but why doesn't he just say so. Anyway, he's supposed to be putting his side of things across to the fans at a meeting tonight where the media are banned.