freedom of the borough

I couldn't agree more. After last season's backing of Shez, great start to the season and then subsequent collapse, you couldn't blame them for becoming disheartened with the whole situation. But despite the financial woes they've backed us once again and even paid a fee for a player (Furman) in the close season. There are bound to be contrasting opinions about their plans for the future of the club but without them we may not have a club to argue about, and over the last 6 seasons their enthusiasm does not seemed to have waned.

Let's hold our horses a little on that one.

Come 2011, maybe 2012, if we're moving into a new stadium we can be proud of, that's ours (all be it on leased land) and can truly be called the new home of Oldham Athletic ... THEN I'd give them freedom of the borough.

Come 2011, maybe 2012, if we're moving into a new stadium we can be proud of, that's ours (all be it on leased land) and can truly be called the new home of Oldham Athletic ... THEN I'd give them freedom of the borough.

I agree with you 100% there.

I couldn't agree more. After last season's backing of Shez, great start to the season and then subsequent collapse, you couldn't blame them for becoming disheartened with the whole situation. But despite the financial woes they've backed us once again and even paid a fee for a player (Furman) in the close season. There are bound to be contrasting opinions about their plans for the future of the club but without them we may not have a club to argue about, and over the last 6 seasons their enthusiasm does not seemed to have waned.

as i stated it needs to be discussed in the chambers...starting the ball rolling now will give these guy's a little pick me up and tell them that what they are tring to achieve isn't falling on deaf ears from the people of oldham...in fact i'm gonna write a letter to the leader of the council suggesting it...i'll let you know the reply

Agree provided that the new stadium makes the Club self-sufficient, as was proposed in the redevelopment of BP, regardless of losing money through the gates.

IF TTA achieve that then the freedom of the Borough (which includes Failsworth) should be theirs.

for the three amigo's please...it's something that should be discussed in the council chambers....these guys have done more for oldham in there few years at bp ..than the council has done in years...repect

Bollox!

Mate they're planning a new stadium for us BEHIND OUR BACKS! What are we...mere supporters...er...OK rumbled, I guess I'm still peed that they ignored my email I sent them a couple of years back about a young non league keeper. He was immense on Champ Man and get this...he delivers my post now! So not only is...er...was he an awesome keeper he's a jolly nice lad to boot. Must only be, what, 25 or so? So still got years on his side. Whichever club picks him up from Royal Mail, I tell you, they'll have a gem on their hands.

Right, off to B&Q for them paint samples. Think I've come up with a perfect shade of blue for the new dugouts. TTA will love it!

E4e

IMBIG