Frank Ashton

Frank goes missing story

You may remember this is the paper while ago about a fellow Latics fan Frank Ashton going missing last November. Today in the paper it says they have found a body of a 58 year old in Hamilton st building who went missing in November. I think we can guess who it is. Sad news if it is him.

Body found in Oldham

Frank goes missing story

You may remember this is the paper while ago about a fellow Latics fan Frank Ashton going missing last November. Today in the paper it says they have found a body of a 58 year old in Hamilton st building who went missing in November. I think we can guess who it is. Sad news if it is him.

Body found in Oldham

Without having it confirmed offically i think we all know that its frank who has been found.

RIP frank,a true latics fan who was a regular when i started attending BP in the late 70's and he was there week in week out.Frank lived and breathed 'tics and im sure there will be many a sad fan when the inevitable becomes public knowledge.

Frank goes missing story

Body found in Oldham

Although you're always innocent until proven guilty, it'll be interesting to see what the cause of death was, and whether it is identified as him. If it's suicide, it'll certainly look like he was guilty albeit unproven.

It's only sad news if it was him and he is not guilty of the charges.

And would it be a shock if someone was found guilty of something they DIDNT actually do? Stanger things have happened in the strange world of our justice system. At the end of the day he was a Latics fan who loved the club, on that basis it is sad news to me.

So, what you're saying Chaddy, is that if he was to be proven guilty then you'd still think it'd would a wrong decision on part of our justice system? What if part of the guilty verdict included damning DNA evidence?

Yes, he was a Latics fan, but he's wanted for some pretty sick crimes and had gone missing since he'd been charged. It just doesn't sit well with me, regardless of whether he was a Latics fan or not.

So, what you're saying Chaddy, is that if he was to be proven guilty then you'd still think it'd would a wrong decision on part of our justice system? What if part of the guilty verdict included damning DNA evidence?

Yes, he was a Latics fan, but he's wanted for some pretty sick crimes and had gone missing since he'd been charged. It just doesn't sit well with me, regardless of whether he was a Latics fan or not.

Hey, he might have been a nonce, but he was one of our nonces :shock: Certainly looked like he'd fiddle a kid as soon as look at him, and that's evidence enough for me.

I think what Chaddy was saying is that it isn't beyond the bounds of all possibility that he might be innocent even if a court of law had found him guilty.

I would also add that his disappearance and suicide, if that's what it is, should not be taken as any kind of indication of guilt (although I'm sure it will be by the self-righteous among us). There are many cases where innocent people accused of such crimes have found it impossible to cope with the aftermath.

You are correct, that was my point exactly. Although if the case involved damning DNA evidence then fair enough.

I once had to sit on a case whilst on jury service on a case of a foreign guy from Sale who had been accused of kiddy fiddling. He had tried to commit suicide whilst on remand and from the conversations i had with other jurors when we retired to make our decision was that was the deciding factor as to why he was guilty even though the facts were there to say why he was never guilty in a million years. I seriously lost my rag with one of the women who refused to agree he was innocent as her argument at one point was thats he "looked shifty". I kid you not, that was her honest answer when asked to convince us why she was adamant he was guilty. Luckily after 5 hours locked in a room with this idiot the judge agreed that he would accept a 10 to 2 decision. Its scary to think that some people like that can be left to help make a life changing decision for SOME innocent people. As it all came out these two boys who accused him had made the same accusation to 4 other people in the past 2 years and they were only 12 years old :shock:

I think what Chaddy was saying is that it isn't beyond the bounds of all possibility that he might be innocent even if a court of law had found him guilty.

I would also add that his disappearance and suicide, if that's what it is, should not be taken as any kind of indication of guilt (although I'm sure it will be by the self-righteous among us). There are many cases where innocent people accused of such crimes have found it impossible to cope with the aftermath.

My god what a pack of wolves we have here.

Frank was harmless-thats not to say he was innocent of the alleged crime but for petes sake,have a bit of respect.Some of the comments on here disgust me.

There is some pond life on here i see.

You quote my post ... was that just by way of answering the thread or because you find any of my comments disgusting?

If the latter, I think you've misunderstood me. I never knew Frank, so it may be that I sound a bit, er, clinical?

Frank was harmless-thats not to say he was innocent of the alleged crime

Are you sure about that? IF he was guilty of the crime then he may have been very harmful indeed. If not then it is indeed a very sad case. Wasn’t that what FMS said? Whilst I agree we don’t know he was guilty I for one am not going to treat the news that man on the run from violent sex crime charges died the same way as if he had died under more normal circumstances. Sorry if that offends.