BBC League 1 review

BBC Sport have done their League 1 review for next season. A reasonable write up for us I think.

I agree. However, I don't think keeping Lee Hughes would have "turned our promotion shout into a roar" as it says. Requires an effort all accross the pitch and not just one player. If anything, the problem is at the back.

The problem with getting local BBC Radio reporters to do the prediction bit is that they still know nowt but they'll talk up their local team - hence you end up with a review where all but two teams are predicted to be "in the mix for the play-offs" ...

Reasonable write up but to be realistic we are probably looking at a season outside of the play offs. Dont get me wrong, I very much am hoping DP pulls it all together and we are up there in the top 6 but its a big ask from anyone in there first season with a budget like ours.

This year top 10...next year top 6 are my expectations...and I think that's fairly reasonable...

Edited by oafc0000

Let's remember.....John Gilder is both Oldham born and bred and a Latics fan. My next door neighbour is a Rochdale fan and he's been telling me they are nailed on for promotion for the past 8 years.