one of the best i have witnessed at boundary park...awesome

defence solid reliable

attack...when it clicks going to be a force to reckon with

one happy bunny here tonight oh one more thing

a manager who manages :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

I thought we were pretty poor. Only Gregan was up to scratch (shock horror).

There were some encouraging signs though....

Guest sheridans_world

County had nothing up front. Midfield were caught out several times on County breaks, even though they came to nothing (due to them having no strikers) a better opposition would have scored from those breaks.

That said I was impressed with Furman, Worthington and Holdsworth's attacking. I wonder if Taylor has a knock, hence why he went off or if he is being saved for Tuesday.

County had nothing up front. Midfield were caught out several times on County breaks, even though they came to nothing (due to them having no strikers) a better opposition would have scored from those breaks.

That said I was impressed with Furman, Worthington and Holdsworth's attacking. I wonder if Taylor has a knock, hence why he went off or if he is being saved for Tuesday.

Taylor had a groin injury.

Thought the midfield looked promising both centre mids seemed willing to work and put a foot in and Furman found some decent passes in the 2nd half. Taylor we know about and Holdsworth did OK on the right wing tho he did dift inside a bit second half

Thought we did well considering the number of new faces and the fact it was the 1st game of the season. Taylor should have gone off earlier as he was struggling at half time with a groin injury.

I would say that we need a couple of wingers although Smalley would no doubt have played if fit.

Still there is a long way to go and I reckon we are on the right lines for a good season.

Thought we did well considering the number of new faces and the fact it was the 1st game of the season. Taylor should have gone off earlier as he was struggling at half time with a groin injury.

I would say that we need a couple of wingers although Smalley would no doubt have played if fit.

Still there is a long way to go and I reckon we are on the right lines for a good season.

Agree get some width get crosses into Abbot and he will score for fun

Edited by GlossopLatic

I'm still not convinced by worthington's distribution and being a hardman is not enough for me, I have seen people comparing him to mini shez but people forget that d.sheridan made himself available for the pass and more often than not found a blue shirt once he had it. Furman will be our most important player this year i feel. Think its vital that we have smalley fit soon.

Very pedestrian for me, and too often out thought in the first half by kids.

Must do much better if we are to live up to the pre-season hype about how good this collective will be.

Derek.

give them time mate

they are just starting to gel and to get to know each others game

how each other plays where they prefer it where they dnt prefer it etcc

compared to a bunch of very good kids who never each others game well

I'm still not convinced by worthington's distribution and being a hardman is not enough for me, I have seen people comparing him to mini shez but people forget that d.sheridan made himself available for the pass and more often than not found a blue shirt once he had it. Furman will be our most important player this year i feel. Think its vital that we have smalley fit soon.

Aye I agree. Brilliant at winning the ball back. Just not so good when he has it.

League 1 Midfielder for you!