First game of season

1st game I have made it to and I am in shock. I was expecting Brill to be :censored:e from what I have read on here and that was confirmed tonight.

Gregan was failry solid but Ruben looked like a 16yr old making his debut, nervy as anything.

I have to say thought the main area of worry for me was midfield. Whoever stated we had signed better centre mids than Allott during the summer wants shooting. Worst midfield (non)display for years. The two centre mids just held infront of the back two and produced nothing while the wide men looked lost.

Abbott was decent, Parker is not a better option than Blackman, Lewis or O'Grady IMO.

Special mention to ex Man Utd star Kieron Lee. Kieron is soooo good be didn't need to warm up all game despite the others doing so for most of the match, he got called down and stripped to come on but when they realised he'd been on his arse for 80mins they made him warm up instead. Not wonder he doesn't catch.

Oh and why the hell was Blackman stuck out of the wing? Clueless.

1st game I have made it to and I am in shock. I was expecting Brill to be :censored:e from what I have read on here and that was confirmed tonight.

Gregan was failry solid but Ruben looked like a 16yr old making his debut, nervy as anything.

I have to say thought the main area of worry for me was midfield. Whoever stated we had signed better centre mids than Allott during the summer wants shooting. Worst midfield (non)display for years. The two centre mids just held infront of the back two and produced nothing while the wide men looked lost.

Abbott was decent, Parker is not a better option than Blackman, Lewis or O'Grady IMO.

Special mention to ex Man Utd star Kieron Lee. Kieron is soooo good be didn't need to warm up all game despite the others doing so for most of the match, he got called down and stripped to come on but when they realised he'd been on his arse for 80mins they made him warm up instead. Not wonder he doesn't catch.

Agree with pretty much everything there. I have no idea why Penney is playing two defensive midfielders in :censored: and Worthington. It should be one or the other with somebody more creative with him, i would say Furman but today he sat very deep and wasn't as attacking as I would have thought. No idea why Parker keeps getting into the starting eleven either.

Agree with pretty much everything there. I have no idea why Penney is playing two defensive midfielders in :censored: and Worthington. It should be one or the other with somebody more creative with him, i would say Furman but today he sat very deep and wasn't as attacking as I would have thought. No idea why Parker keeps getting into the starting eleven either.

Furman the class player we signed for a fee who doesnt start??

Also my first game of the season. I haven't seen a worse display since we got beat 3 - 0 by Bristol City a couple of seasons back. I was surprised at how small the team was and how we still prefered the long ball option. Who's going to win it? The only credit I can give was to a fantastic effort by Abbott. He did not give up all game. With a little bit of service and a decent bit of confidence that boy will be good. Also I do think we miss Taylor and Smalley. Dean Brill was shocking tonight but I think we as fans do need to continue to support him otherwise he's never going to have any confidence. What can Penney do now about it - nothing. Ollenshaw is never going to get played so he'll stick with Brill and I would rather support him than get on his back because we'll see worse performances if his confidence is knocked any lower.

agree with most of that except the lee bit,you are wrong he did warm up and in fact i think he made an impact in the first half on tuesday and could have done today so to take your frustration out on lee is unfair.

Edited by dkenyonqfc2

agree with most of that except the lee bit,you are wrong he did warm up and in fact i think he made an impact in the first half on tuesday and could have done today so to take your frustration out on lee is unfair.

You're his mate, though. You're bound to say that.

No he didn't warm up until after he was stripped then told to put his jumper back on. I was sat right on the touch line and didn't even know he was on the bench.