Ravi Bopara

Not quite sure why Bopara's opening in the one-dayers. He's a good batsman but it's incredibly frustrating how often he gets out playing entirely the wrong shot across the line.

I think Prior's trying to over compensate for the weaknesses of the higher/middle order - he just seems to go in and slog at anything ... usually getting out cheaply in the process.

Not quite sure why Bopara's opening in the one-dayers. He's a good batsman but it's incredibly frustrating how often he gets out playing entirely the wrong shot across the line.

I think Prior's trying to over compensate for the weaknesses of the higher/middle order - he just seems to go in and slog at anything ... usually getting out cheaply in the process.

I don’t think you can hope to get to a competitive score these days unless you are prepared to take the risk of losing openers to aggressive shots. As for Bopara, I love him playing in the one dayers and Twenty/20 and getting out cheaply, as every time it happens I turn around and say to people the other side of my new boss, a Convict, that we will never win anything with him in the side. Which reminds me...

I don’t think you can hope to get to a competitive score these days unless you are prepared to take the risk of losing openers to aggressive shots. As for Bopara, I love him playing in the one dayers and Twenty/20 and getting out cheaply, as every time it happens I turn around and say to people the other side of my new boss, a Convict, that we will never win anything with him in the side. Which reminds me...

Strauss gone for 63 99-4!!

We are awful at ODI's