Sparta Rotterdam

have a Latics scarf on the ceiling in the clubhouse....its an eclectic mix....of about 40 different clubs from across Europe, about 10 from England (including 2 from dirty leeds... :angry: )

anyway...anybody claiming responsibility on here...for the Tics scarf I might add.. :huh:

B)

have a Latics scarf on the ceiling in the clubhouse....its an eclectic mix....of about 40 different clubs from across Europe, about 10 from England (including 2 from dirty leeds... :angry: )

anyway...anybody claiming responsibility on here...for the Tics scarf I might add.. :huh:

B)

a lass who sits near me in the main stand lives out there and flies in for home games .............. might have been her?

When we played Brighton in 2003?, around 12 of us stayed in the Travellodge. About the same number of Sparta Rotterdam fans where also staying there - who had come over to visit somes Brighton fans and to watch the game. At about 3am we had just got back to hear it kicking off outside the main doors (with chants of ROT-TER-DAM HOO-LI-GANS.) A few of us went down to see what was going on and appartently the Brightons hosts had turned on their Dutch guests, resulting with someone being thrown through the reception window. After the police turned up and it all calmed down we got talking to them, and they were sound. A couple of lads exchanged numbers and kept in contact for a while after that.

Edited by bowl

cheers for that...was at a loose end last weekend so decided to take in the home game for Sparta against a team I've never heard of, RKC Waalwijk...to say the game was a dissapointment is an understatement..1 -0 to Sparta, I was however impressed with how friendly everyone was, and you could have a beer and a tab whilst watching the game. 6 coppers on duty for the game...although this goes up to 300 when they play the other team in Rotterdam.. :shock:

B)

B)

is that you Jackal??? :grin:

Thinking about it a bit more, it may actually be the case that is not a Latics fan who is responsible for the scarf.

Back in the days when I went there you could only get in the Sparta clubhouse if you were a member (seaon ticket holder) or were signed in by a member. I did ask the member I was with and a couple of others about the Latics scarf and they weren't aware of how it got there but did say many of the scarves were brought back by members who had been to see matches in England.

True but it would hardly be inspiring, lots of non descript English teams of the like's of Hereford, Wycome and Hartlepool.... The only teams that would get the chance to visit.

from whats been posted, i believe that the way it works at Sparta is that fans from this club have visited clubs around europe and have brought back scarves that are now on display...so its not necessarily just confined to clubs that Sparta have played..

I'm sure from amongst the ranks we would have our own ecletic mix of scarves from clubs from around the globe...?

On a ever so slightly related matter, in my local boozer, there's a whole collection of ticket stubs from a wide selection of sporting events across the top of the bar, must be over 500 by now.

B)