Charlton Away

Been looking on the national rail website and it looks a right pain to get to the valley stadium, just wondering if anybody knows any other ways how to get down there apart from the coach and car, has any one got anything organised like a mini bus,

cheers

Edited by vinny112

Guest sheridans_world

Have you tried the tube?

By Train/Tube

The ground is in walking distance of Charlton railway station, which is served by Charing Cross, London Bridge and Waterloo East stations. On Saturdays there are also services from Cannon Street station.

Colin Gilham informs me; 'Come out Charlton station into Charlton Church lane (all exits lead onto this road). and turn right and cross over to the other side. Take the next left into Floyd Road and then right into Valley Grove for the away section entrance'.

Darryl Chamberlain adds; 'Although Charlton station is very close to the Valley, many people will find it easier to take the (far more reliable) tube. Using the Jubilee Line to get to North Greenwich station and then take a short ride on buses 161, 472 or 486 to get to the ground'.

http://www.footballgroundguide.com/charlton_athletic/#By Train

24 quid on the coach, is this from barlows or is this the latics coach? if it is the latics coach then how do i go about bookin a place?

If it's Latics official I think you have to make yourself a member via the official site. If my memory serves me well you need two passport sized foto's as well.

24 quid on the coach, is this from barlows or is this the latics coach? if it is the latics coach then how do i go about bookin a place?

In the short term try asking a Tic who goes via the Rifle range pub coach if there's any availability with them.

Honestly, you northerners! :D

Northern Line (Bank Branch) from Euston to London Bridge. Train from London Bridge to Charlton. It's a piece of piddle.

Zone 1-4 travelcard'll set you back just under £6 and that's all your London travel paid for, so you can get lost on the tube as much as you like.

Edited by Ketsbaia

As a complete aside, Chris Helme, formerly of the Seahorses is playing a gig in Lewisham on Saturday 10th October fronting his new band, The Yards. The night includes a 30 minute acoustic set of Seahorses tunes. It is just £8 and Lewisham is just a couple of stops south of Greenwich.