Someone with time - in a row

Someone with time on there hands or a magical memory, could they list the last time we won

3 in a row (before last night)

4 in a row

5 in a row

6 in a row

7 in a row

8 in a row

Got a good feeling we're going to win 6/7/8 games in a row now and go second in the league.

3 in a row - End of season before last, start of last season (has Dale game on penalties in there)

4 in a row - End of season before last, start of last season (has Dale game on penalties in there)

5 in a row - End of season before last, start of last season (has Dale game on penalties in there)

6 in a row - End of season before last, start of last season (has Dale game on penalties in there)

A bookie would call the Rochdale game a draw.

If you are looking for "in the same season" then:

3 - 2007: Bournemouth / Doncaster / Crewe - ending 1st Dec 2007 (3 league games in a row was Feb 2007: Northampton / Tranmere / Swansea)

4 - 2006/7: Northampton / Rotherham / Gillingham / Forest - ending 1st Jan 2007 with the 5-0 against Forest.

5 & 6 - 2006: Cheltenham / Kettering / Bradford / Huddersfield / Kings Lynn / Crewe - ending 5th Dec (we won 10 out of 12 games between 4th Nov and 1st Jan)

7 - 2004: Thurrock / Barnsley / Bradford / Hartlepool / Peterborough / Tranmere / Colchester - ending 11th Dec.

8 - 2002: Notts County / Notts County / Mansfield / Bristol C / Colchester / Huddersfield / Derby / Swindon - ending 5th Oct

Highlighted those currently playing at a higher level (we giant-killed Derby as they were already a league above us).

Not many that have gone on to bigger and better things.

Edited by opinions4u

Ten wins in a row in 1973-74 is what turned us into genuine promotion contenders. It's also why we won the league.

correct, and before this run of victories we had 4 losses, the last 2 both being 3 -0 ... home to watford and away to vale :blink:

B)

correct, and before this run of victories we had 4 losses, the last 2 both being 3 -0 ... home to watford and away to vale :blink:

B)

And the Watford game was a rare appearance for Latics on the Sunday afternoon Granada TV football highlights. I remember that this was on the Saturday between Christmas and New Year because I'd been ill all through Christmas with what turned out to be pneumonia. Hadn't even the strength to play with my new Subutteo on Christmas morning. The Watford game did nothing to cheer me up.

It was strange to see BP on telly in those days. I remember Gerald Sinstadt saying something like, 'One day we'll finally have the cameras here when Oldham win a game.'

I can't believe Sinstadt is still commentating, or was until recently. He looked about 50 back then.

Edited by Corporal_Jones