Charlton Game

Whoever went to the game yesterday, did we have any chances?

after watching the football league show, it just shows some of charlton's chances and i took this to mean we got battered and had no chances at there end?

not really, efforts blocked little flicks that didn't quite come off. Furman put a curler wide - can't really remember much else apart from us absolutely skying a couple.

Ref had blown well before the ball went into the net...

The ref had blown even before the ball reached the penalty area. Charlton certainly had the better chances lets not kid ourselves we rode our luck in the 2nd half. Nethertheless, a cracking defensive performance by latics...shame we couldn't have pushed on alittle more in the 2nd half!!

Edited by laticsmad

bar Furmans effort 1st half which i think went close and a shot by Pav and Parker that both were well over we didnt create anything. Keeper didnt have a save to make. Whits looked like he had got himself into a position to have a blast on the edge of the box after some good link up play but for some reason decided to try and back heel it towards abbot instead of shooting.

didnt we have best chance of the game??? The fact we actually had the ball in the net but was ruled out for a foul.

I captured the moment Hazell headed Whittaker's free-kick, and just before Abbott put it into the net. By Gregan's standard of holding defenders, the ref's judgement on this one was very suspect.

4001017882_0075abccc0_b.jpg