Gloom

What's wrong with everybody? You would think it's the end of the season and we're about to be relegated. Do any of you think that with the injuries we have had Dave Penney has actually played what he would call his "1st Eleven". Some of the players we have signed have not performed as expected but some have been exeptional - Abbott for one and Gregan who played Beckford off the park on Saturday. I think we will be ok when everyone is fit but I don't believe the boo boys will give it time. This season was always going to be about transition which will take more than one season. Keep getting on the back of TTA. the team and Dave Penney that's really going to help! We are not a wealthy club...things will take time. Get a grip and keep the faith.

Rant over.

What's wrong with everybody? You would think it's the end of the season and we're about to be relegated. Do any of you think that with the injuries we have had Dave Penney has actually played what he would call his "1st Eleven". Some of the players we have signed have not performed as expected but some have been exeptional - Abbott for one and Gregan who played Beckford off the park on Saturday. I think we will be ok when everyone is fit but I don't believe the boo boys will give it time. This season was always going to be about transition which will take more than one season. Keep getting on the back of TTA. the team and Dave Penney that's really going to help! We are not a wealthy club...things will take time. Get a grip and keep the faith.

Rant over.

In reality, what will take time is the creating of a squad that is capable of, at best, failing in the play-offs. But probably not even that, because the club evidently lacks the financial wherewithal to add the kind of quality a serious promotion bid requires.

How do we know this? Because it's happened before (with better squads). If you keep on doing the same things, you will definitely get the same result.

It isn't enough to arrest the decline precisely because, as we are seeing, it can neither attract new fans nor sustain the interest of a significant number of the hardcore supporters. The club might have been in a worse state in the Ritchie days (although that's actually debatable), but there still existed a widespread hope that we'd recover much of the lost ground. That hope has been extinguished by the false dawns and the proposed move to the kind of stadium that will cement our status as another club to be considered alongside the likes of Rochdale and Bury. It's why attendances have fallen to such a low level.

Rant over.

Spot on!