Did anyone go to the Failsworth meeting tonight?

then i suggest you put together a list of complaints or questions and either email them to the club asking them to read them out on the night or if you are friends with anybody off here(long shot i know,lol) do the same...ask them to read out your opinions on the night.

I prefer to just email the club and get my own answers. Which I have done. I will try to make the meeting but I have similar issues to yourself, aka work / distance.

Cheers for the snide dig regarding friends as well. I am friends with four other posters which I know about. Not that it matters on little bit. Happy to be unpopular...

Edited by oafc0000

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I prefer to just email the club and get my own answers. Which I have done. I will try to make the meeting but I have similar issues to yourself, aka work / distance.

Cheers for the snide dig regarding friends as well. I am friends with four other posters which I know about. Not that it matters on little bit. Happy to be unpopular...

oh for god sakes pull your bottom lip up ya bloody drama queen.....it was tongue in cheek.....

oh for god sakes pull your bottom lip up ya bloody drama queen.....it was tongue in cheek.....

A little board of all this so called tongue in cheek crap... Its only designed to discredit / attack... Takes away from these massively important issues which are being discussed.

A little board of all this so called tongue in cheek crap... Its only designed to discredit / attack... Takes away from these massively important issues which are being discussed.

suit yaself

like i siad the meeting is next week and its MOST peoples chance to find out what might be going into the development and what might not...people will have a chance to say oh we dont want this and that..but we do need this etc etc...

i for one would like to see much improved facilities for fans,better refreshment areas and better choices,a more pleasurable match day experience than we currently have...

my list will be compiled and a friend(god love us i do have one..honest) will be taking my questions with him,to ask if someone else doesnt or hasnt already asked them on the night.

i would also like to know how long when the new stadium is built can we expect it to take to make us self sufficient and have the oppertunity of spending money on quality plaers for a change,instead of scratting round for bargains

Does it really need a huge turnout, wouldn't a thread started on here be better, printed off and a slack handful of people taking notes rather than 100 people all shouting at once demanding their questions to be answered? Makes everything run smoother then it can be discussed on here when the answers to questions have been scanned or whatever....

If you want to go then fine, but a large group of people is much more difficult to address than a smaller one in my experience.

Does it really need a huge turnout, wouldn't a thread started on here be better, printed off and a slack handful of people taking notes rather than 100 people all shouting at once demanding their questions to be answered? Makes everything run smoother then it can be discussed on here when the answers to questions have been scanned or whatever....

If you want to go then fine, but a large group of people is much more difficult to address than a smaller one in my experience.

If people want to know how the fans feel you only have to look here. Yeah it is true not every fan voices there concerns on this site BUT I would be very surprised if the average concern expressed on here is not a concern held by most fans.

If people want to know how the fans feel you only have to look here. Yeah it is true not every fan voices there concerns on this site BUT I would be very surprised if the average concern expressed on here is not a concern held by most fans.

Gutted I won't be able to make it, but it's my daughter's nativity and a daddy not being at his six year old's first lead in a school play is not a popular daddy...

I was reffering more to a spokesperson tbh, rather than people sticking their hands up or being shouted down, I could see things getting heated otherwise, want to know and want to know now kinda scenario.

A bit late but...

"Failsworth Residents Action Group (FRAG) organised last night’s heated meeting at Failsworth School, attended by around 100 residents"

"Failsworth had a total population of 20,555 in 2001."

Less than half of one percent of the population. And over 200 spare seats. Good job they restricted it to Failsworth residents!

100 residents in a 20,000 population is fairly significant. Few public meetings, no matter what the issue, would be better attended on a Monday night anywhere.

suit yaself

like i siad the meeting is next week and its MOST peoples chance to find out what might be going into the development and what might not...people will have a chance to say oh we dont want this and that..but we do need this etc etc...

i for one would like to see much improved facilities for fans,better refreshment areas and better choices,a more pleasurable match day experience than we currently have...

my list will be compiled and a friend(god love us i do have one..honest) will be taking my questions with him,to ask if someone else doesnt or hasnt already asked them on the night.

i would also like to know how long when the new stadium is built can we expect it to take to make us self sufficient and have the oppertunity of spending money on quality plaers for a change,instead of scratting round for bargains

I would like to say that you'll get told what they think you want to hear, but after today's revelations I'm not even sure about that.

You can have that, so long as you except it only holds if Corney sees our long-term needs as having more than 12,000 seats, which would imply he isn't aiming for an eternal lower league status

He should know as well as anybody that building a ground with a capacity of 12000 or less means nothing else. Particularly as the club now seems to be saying that it would be 'difficult to expand.'

Tum-te-tum...