A57 Road Closure in Glossop

DavidCollinge

We've had none overnight, but it was heavy on Sunday.

The roads are still covered apart from the A57 (now closed). Add the overnight frost and any none 4 wheel drive cars are

sliding all over the place especially up and down slight inclines!

Cheers! I'll go into Glossop and out to Charlesworth along the diversion route rather than going over the tops and down the steep hill into Charlesworth. via the M6.

Edited by Diego_Sideburns

this post is so funny simply as Oldham is gridlocked this afternoon. 2 hours from Shaw to Grotton, gritters what gritters????? Shaw Road, Cross Street, Lees Road. Called in Tescos did the shopping and 5 cars back in line...lol.

As a regular snake user the chaos near the caravans must be bad.

The forecast on Manc Radio at 10:00am, as we were arriving in High Crompton, was snow flurries with the temperature rising to 1 degree C.

Two hours later the car was covered in three inches of snow and it took us an hour and twenty minutes to get from Shaw to Garden Suburbs. Snow FLURRIES my arse! :ranting:

Nothing wrong with Shaw! Now Tameside, that's a whole other kettle of fish. Took me from half 12 (got sent home from work early) til 4 to get home to Shaw from Hyde. Dukinfield - I moved 1 mile in 1 hour. It took me 2 hours to get the 2 miles from dukinfield to ikea. Cleared as soon as I got to Park Cakes. Ashton road was a joke. No apparent reason, unless the whole of Hyde migrated to Oldham with 2 cars each, at precisely 12.30!

Just about calming down now...

Oh, go on then :grin:

I used to work in the Litten Tree. One day, a young gentleman came in for an afternoon beverage wearing a t-shirt bearing the immortal slogan: "Shaw. Where the men are men and the women are men, too."

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh, go on then :grin:

I used to work in the Litten Tree. One day, a young gentleman came in for an afternoon beverage wearing a t-shirt bearing the immortal slogan: "Shaw. Where the men are men and the women are men, too."

:lol: :lol: :lol:

:grin:

How rude!? And quite funny.

Lucky I'm not from Shaw, or I may have been offended and beaten the crap out of you :lol:

7.30am this morning and Rochdale Road in Royton up to Summit was easy to drive on (presumably gritted). As soon as I crossed the border in to Rochdaleland the road became and icy disaster zone wating for accidents.

Mrs o4u drove home from Ashton this afternoon - best part of 2 hours.

I drove home from Halifaxland this evening and broke the 45 minute barrier via J21 and Shaw.