Footballs Next Star on Sky 1

Anyone else watching this show?

The Basic premise being that they search for a new ‘star’ who will be offered a contract at Inter Milan after going through a selection process that makes up the 12 or so shows.

I caught up on the first 2 shows over the weekend having sky+ them.

The first show covered the roadshow trials where 4000 applicants were whittled down to just 20; then that 20 down to the final 10 after a full 90min practice match. They took part in the major cities of the UK & Ireland; and one was in Manchester. They spent a bit of time focusing on 1 or 2 players & there stories (as is the way on these type of reality-esp shows) from each of the trial areas.

One of the lads they covered in the Manchester trial got through to the final 20; but got injured in the final game and as such didn’t make the final cut of 10 who go to Italy for the rest of the episodes.

He was a really pacey striker who had a pretty massive leap on him that made him pretty decent in the air; he ran around & chased & hassled a hell of a lot for a striker too and bagged a few goals before his injury happened. He was from Moss Side and I think he was called Danny.

Anyway; just wondering if anybody thinks its worth emailing the club to see if anyone from the youth coaching or 1st team coaching staff has watched the shows & to see if they have thought of trying to contact the local lad I talk of above? He was 17 years old I think; and I believe he’d be worth a shout for a trial with us.

Every week, the Inter Milan coaches send 1 of the 10 chosen lads back home after they deem them not worthy of the final prize; now I’m not suggesting we take a look at all of these lads; but the fact that this lad is from the Manchester area and he looked pretty decent; he might just be worth a shout. As I say in the title; it’s possibly a tad ‘lazy’ scouting-wise to take a potential trialist from a TV show; but I think it might be worth a shot – like Dr Pepper says; what’s the worst that can happen?

Anyone else watching this show?

The Basic premise being that they search for a new ‘star’ who will be offered a contract at Inter Milan after going through a selection process that makes up the 12 or so shows.

I caught up on the first 2 shows over the weekend having sky+ them.

The first show covered the roadshow trials where 4000 applicants were whittled down to just 20; then that 20 down to the final 10 after a full 90min practice match. They took part in the major cities of the UK & Ireland; and one was in Manchester. They spent a bit of time focusing on 1 or 2 players & there stories (as is the way on these type of reality-esp shows) from each of the trial areas.

One of the lads they covered in the Manchester trial got through to the final 20; but got injured in the final game and as such didn’t make the final cut of 10 who go to Italy for the rest of the episodes.

He was a really pacey striker who had a pretty massive leap on him that made him pretty decent in the air; he ran around & chased & hassled a hell of a lot for a striker too and bagged a few goals before his injury happened. He was from Moss Side and I think he was called Danny.

Anyway; just wondering if anybody thinks its worth emailing the club to see if anyone from the youth coaching or 1st team coaching staff has watched the shows & to see if they have thought of trying to contact the local lad I talk of above? He was 17 years old I think; and I believe he’d be worth a shout for a trial with us.

Every week, the Inter Milan coaches send 1 of the 10 chosen lads back home after they deem them not worthy of the final prize; now I’m not suggesting we take a look at all of these lads; but the fact that this lad is from the Manchester area and he looked pretty decent; he might just be worth a shout. As I say in the title; it’s possibly a tad ‘lazy’ scouting-wise to take a potential trialist from a TV show; but I think it might be worth a shot – like Dr Pepper says; what’s the worst that can happen?

My thoughts exactly - mind you the Irish lad in midfield looked a top player - wouldn't be surprised to see him get close to winning it :wink:

Go fot it! Contact details are on the OS under 'Trials'.

http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/page/Conta...,,10337,00.html

Do you know which ones by chance?

My money is on the Left Winger; Ben, for the overall winner - cracking player he is.

Not got a clue, was mentioned by Jamie Redknap but he could say which ones as the show haddnt aired yet but he did say they were from the final 20 i think.

He also said there were scouts from other clubs there