TTA, Penny and the transfer window.

This next ten days is the most important period in the club's recent history which will ultimately decide our destiny in May.

Tonight proved that beyond all doubt.

Forget Failsworth for the moment.

These guys need to make some seriously important decisions for the good of this AND MY AND YOUR football club.

The next ten days will prove where The TTA's priorities lie.

Do they trust Penny with their money?

Or is Failsworth the priority come what may on the pitch?

We will know on February 1st 2010.

This next ten days is the most important period in the club's recent history which will ultimately decide our destiny in May.

Tonight proved that beyond all doubt.

Forget Failsworth for the moment.

These guys need to make some seriously important decisions for the good of this AND MY AND YOUR football club.

The next ten days will prove where The TTA's priorities lie.

Do they trust Penny with their money?

Or is Failsworth the priority come what may on the pitch?

We will know on February 1st 2010.

Spot on! If you ask your new manager to shop around in League Two against the likes of Dale etc in the summer, then you really can only expect one thing....and hope for another.

Personally, I think tonights game fitness-wise would be akin to a pre-season game...there's no way we can be at match-fit levels so being off the pace and unconvincing isn't hard to understand IMO. Still...doesn't disguise the fact that there seems only 1 priority in the club...moving us to a place a lot don't want to be. Die here, die there? Tough question...

I know one thing though...we've had our chances to get ahead of the game during the Moore-Shez (1st season) years...that along with the BP council march and both a team with uber promise and planning permission to crack on at BP were shreaded...fans leaving are pleasing theirselves, the players brought in under a low budget are going through the motions and those at the top peddling Failsworth have allowed us to stagnate at BP. From a dire club shop, turning us into a 3-sided ground, taking away the Clayton Arms from a lot of avid lovers (not myself, I must add but others I know) token £2 games which were never going to work, utter silence about ripping up BP redevelopment and choosing a like it or lump it Failsworth option...even the notorious scoreboard debacle...endless plans, all aborted or ill-thought.

Roll on Feb 1st...yes, we've got low crowds but a lot of the recent 1500 (from a core of 4,500) which has now disappeared has been down to the complete apathy from within. Simply put, if we don't show some investment before Feb 1st then we know where the "future" lies. I wonder if Dales, O'Grady money has been cashed yet......

Edited by boundaryblue80

We're not gonna be sorted in 10 days anyway because even if we do stay up this season, those fans who have buggered off (and I don't blame them one bit) aren't gonna come back.

I haven't got any time left for Penney. He's ran his entire cource with me. He bores me to tears. Everything about him is dull; his tactics, his teams, and his interviews are just unreal. I don't think he even realises what sort of mess we're in. I didn't get to tonight's game cos of uni, but by the sounds of it we were crap. 1 game in 30 days, yes fair enough, we'll be rusty, but the lack of energy about practically every performance this season tells me we wouldn't have been much better if we'd played twice in three days.

We've got what we've got, and it's enough to be a lot higher, but when the clown in charge can't comprehend that, although good in defence, we can't score a goal to save our lives so what use is a bloody clean sheet?! A point isn't what we need, and a point at home against a woeful side is not acceptable.

It's a real shame all these games have been postponed because if we have stuttered to a few points in 4/5 games, TTA could have done the right thing for about 2 years and got rid of Penney to give a new guy a chance to at least bring a couple of players in. Sadly, no money means no early goodbye for Penney, so we continue in the same circle.

Basically, there isn't anything to do. If we stay up, we stay up, it won't make a bit of difference. How depressing...