Who should we sign

Got to admit the press release from Newcastle says that they ain't signing much and players like Ranger will be given the chance over the next few seasons.

I'd love him here on loan, everytime I see him he impresses. But I think there's little to no chance. If anything they'd plonk him out to a Doncaster/Leeds/Norwich lower Championship type team.

Wouldn't mind Tom Heaton if we could get him. Goalkeeper is a priority to me.

Goalkeeper?

I want this one - season loan please!!

http://www.chelseafc.com/page/TheReservesP...~900391,00.html

Or this one - season loan again please!

http://www.readingfc.co.uk/page/ProfilesDe...6~41458,00.html

Away from 'Keepers and a ramdom one of sorts: this lad really impressed me in the Scottish Cup semi-final Vs Celtic - and the final is on Sky this weekend so I'll be watching that too. See if it was a 'one-off against the side the side who released him' or whether it is the level he can achieve consistently?

http://www.rosscountyfootballclub.co.uk/Michael-Gardyne.php

He played left midfield when I saw him; but appears he plays either side.

Edited by slystallone

I don't know how much they will cost, just a wish list, but if we can pay the reported 60k for Colbeck sure we can afford 2k, 5k, 20k or even 65K for a lower league marksman! we still may consider Taylor, Richards may get sold in the summer and they could bring in funds to "Punt" for a lower league marksman, there are diamonds out there Fitz springs to mind? Like i said a wish list, glad I never said Messi!

Punt - (football) a kick in which the football is dropped from the hands and kicked before it touches the ground; "the punt traveled 50 yards"; "punting is an important part of the game" ................................so SLY dont underestimate the Power of the word PUNT!!!!!

:shock:

Wowzers - I just said that “ punt” is an often used term that is unquantifiable and so what exactly is a punt in terms of a transfer deal – I didn’t call you a poo-head or anything!!!!

I personally would be made up if we unearthed a few jems from the lower leagues – the last one who we had in the side was Wes Wilkinson was it not; found from Woodley Sports IIRC? I’m just saying that it is rare that they can be just brought in for free and low wages. Most semi pro’s earn more being just that; than going to the full-time ranks as they usually have 2 or 3 jobs including football. So a punt may just be too much to speculate on a non league player when the same punt could get you a seasoned league player that’s all……..

Edited by slystallone

Theres a couple of young uns at Man utd a centre forward called Will Keane and midfielder Cameron Stewart, Will Keane is only 17 and he is being tipped for big things, Cameron Stewart is 19 and a regular in the Ressies and has been on the fringes of the first team squad, he is an attacking midfielder and with a little bit of persuasion whiskey nose might just let them come to us on loan for the season.

Tom Heaton is a good keeper. He's rumoured to be going to Swansea though.

Fair enough. Then Dimi Konstantanopolopolopolopolous would be my next one up.

I suppose I'm just naming keepers I've seen and thought, "he's rather good", and scouts must have seen more. But anyone that comes up with Brill, I maintain I am better at spotting talent than.

Would Heaton get first team football at Swansea? After spending ages in the Second-fifteenth position in line you'd think first team football could hold big sway with him.